Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 60 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
If anyonr can succesfully use this, let me know please, so that way i can order mine, and activate selectshift

·
Registered
292 Posts
Well I'm joining the party now, I have a Bluetooth adapter. Just soldered everything up and it still works with my phone, I'll take the laptop out tomorrow and see if I can kill the shift light muahaha.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Successfuly enabled hill start assist. Disabled eco mode, about to see if the shift light is disabled.

Eco mode? What parameter is this in the list? Wait what does it even do I didn't think our car had an "Eco" mode..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Also, when you're in the car and just turn key off without opening doors (radio is still on) windows do not have power correct? That's how my car is so I don't see how I could do the global open/close from the key fob.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The se has a different switch board. So it wouldn't work.

How'd you get Hill assist to work on our cars? How does that physically work?

·
Registered
292 Posts
The se has a different switch board. So it wouldn't work.

How'd you get Hill assist to work on our cars? How does that physically work?
That makes sense.

Hill assist just holds the brake for a few seconds while you're on a hill so you have time to let the clutch out, once it detects the clutch pedal getting let out then it releases the brakes. There's also an option under driver assist so you can enable it and turn it on/off whenever you want.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Sweet! Now i can activate my selectshift!

·
Registered
516 Posts
someone with a titanium and the dongle try and activate global open close please :p
I have a Ti, and all of my parts will be getting here on Wednesday. I'll let you know how it all works out.
Well, got my ELM today which was a whole $8 from amazon. Went out to my car and tried it and IT WORKED. If I hold the lock/unlock button for ~5 seconds the windows close/open. I didn't even need to do the switch modification for the ELM to read and write the Global Open and Close option. Planning on experimenting on a few more things tomorrow such as the Hazards under Braking option and the option for Taillights as I have the euro tails.

If anyone is really interested I can post a video tomorrow of it working on my car.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
Awesome! Select shift, here I come!

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
We need a report from a Non-Ti / Intelligent Access car being able to do Global Open/Close.

I was reading the thread from the ST forum and someone said a non-IA car didn't work.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Well, got my ELM today which was a whole $8 from amazon. Went out to my car and tried it and IT WORKED. If I hold the lock/unlock button for ~5 seconds the windows close/open. I didn't even need to do the switch modification for the ELM to read and write the Global Open and Close option. Planning on experimenting on a few more things tomorrow such as the Hazards under Braking option and the option for Taillights as I have the euro tails.

If anyone is really interested I can post a video tomorrow of it working on my car.
You were able to program it with a standard ELM27? [scratch]

I ordered this one from Amazon. Same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FEGP7I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm skeptical about not modifying it before trying to program the car. If a program fails, how can it be restored? I don't remember reading anything about that in all of the threads. I'd rather not brick a $27k hunk of metal...

·
Registered
516 Posts
You were able to program it with a standard ELM27? [scratch]

I ordered this one from Amazon. Same thing?
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005FEGP7I/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm skeptical about not modifying it before trying to program the car. If a program fails, how can it be restored? I don't remember reading anything about that in all of the threads. I'd rather not brick a $27k hunk of metal...
Yeah, same exact one I bought. The modification is for MS CAN which is for some of the other features of the Focccus program. To modify the BCM Parameters that part uses the HS CAN which is what the ELM uses. The switch is to turn on the MS Can. HS CAN works without the switch.

As far as bricking goes, I'm pretty sure that, unless you mess with some of the more experimental options, you can't brick it. I would suggest you read the topic on the focus ST forums about all of this... They know more than I do. http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/20866-focccus-pc-app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer.html

·
Registered
70 Posts
Successfuly enabled hill start assist. Disabled eco mode, about to see if the shift light is disabled.
Did you have the Hill Assist option in your menu prior to using this program? My 2013 SE doesn't appear to be "equipped" with it (yet my co-workers base model Fiesta does), so I'm wondering if this program will turn it on.

·
Registered
322 Posts
This is awesome.. Check these out

start/stop - I wonder if this can just be turned on? Useless but interesting
hilllaunch assist - Neat

I bet if you steal the settings for the next 3 from a Focus with factory MFT + Nav, you can use that in any Focus.
integrated control panel
touchscreen
loudspeaker quantities

Octane Rating - I wonder what this does

Here's an interesting one for HID retrofits. I bet if enabled to HID, the pulse width modulation on deceleration is shut off.. meaning you can power the ballast directly from the harness. What the hell is ALternative HID?

headlights, type (HID, Alternative HID??)

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
We need a report from a Non-Ti / Intelligent Access car being able to do Global Open/Close.

I was reading the thread from the ST forum and someone said a non-IA car didn't work.
It won't work on a SE or S. Does the SEL have one touch up/down on all windows? If so, it should work on an SEL because they have door modules that are still powered after the key is taken out.

41 - 60 of 1376 Posts