Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
I'm pretty excited about this. Does this mean I could add foglights/new switch assembly to my '14 SE and enable them with this?
I believe so.

·
Registered
510 Posts
Well I have ordered my ELM327 USB cable and bought a switch. Already soldered leads to the switch, just waiting on the ELM327. [clap]

·
Registered
4,325 Posts
Anyone know if we can calibrate the steering wheel angle sensor with the FoCCCus software? I emailed FORScan about their software and they said:

...steering wheel angle sensor calibration for Focus Mk3 is not implemented currently, but we will implement in one of nearest releases.

·
Registered
510 Posts
That would be awesome if we could datalog for the steering angle. Also, do we know if it's possible (does the focus have the sensors) for X / Y accelerometers?

I'm thinking datalogs for racing

·
Registered
516 Posts
So has anyone here actually used this setup to change anything on their car? I would love to be able to at least enable the function that lets you roll all the windows down the the fob.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I have not yet, just awaiting my USB ELM327 reader. I have used it to read from my car using my BT ELM327, but I can't write to the car with that.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Someone needs to get this working and bring the hardware part to Focusfest so we can all turn on GLOBAL OPEN/CLOSE finallllly

edit: looking at the documentation the global open/close is definitely on there.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
maybe this will let us get global open/close activated ~
From the other forum:

I have good news! I got Global Open / Close to work with the ELM. The program is a bit buggy still though. I was able to read and save my BCM file, modify the window setting then upload it back to the car. I was also able to read most of the settings on each tab in Focccus. It did however need to be unplugged and the car cycled a couple times to get it to work a second time. After I did it, I got a TON of non CEL DTC's which I could not get to clear with ForScan for some reason. That program is how I found them though. They did clear when I used my Cobb AP and I verified with ForScan so keep that in mind when you are playing with it. Also, even though the setting says Global Open / Close w/moonroof, the moonroof does not open with the windows.

Also, I found my ELM was not held together with screws, but instead the 2 plastic halves were sealed at the seam. Had to take a small flat head, crack the seam and work it around till the 2 halves came apart.

I also was going to modify the Nav setting but my car already has the w/navi option when I read the BCM. Not sure I will be able to enable it after all since my car thinks it has it already somehow. Can anyone with an ST2 without nav confirm this finding? I am going to read my roommates ST3 when he gets home to see what his says. Maybe this bit is switched with the non nav bit so I will see what I can find.

http://www.focusst.org/forum/focus-st-electronics/20866-focccus-pc-app-built-editor-all-around-reprogrammer-6.html#post413773

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Wait.... Can this enable the rear camera on the Non-MFT cars?
Like that one poster from Estonia had?

EDIT: My bad. Turkey.

EDIT2: This user had maps, another user had Non-MFT rear camera.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
Wait.... Can this enable the rear camera on the Non-MFT cars?
Like that one poster from Estonia had?

EDIT: My bad. Turkey.

EDIT2: This user had maps, another user had Non-MFT rear camera.
This would be awesome to be able to use the 4 inch screen for something like a backup camera or Navigation. This is awesome! I know that the 2015 model is going to use the 4 inch screen for a back up camera as a standard feature.

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
does that mean our mirror's have the heaters built in already? why would they come turned off then?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
does that mean our mirror's have the heaters built in already? why would they come turned off then?
No. But SE's are already wired so the heated mirror would work if you swapped out the whole mirror assembly. (If you have signal mirrors) Plug and play. (Puddle lights don't work though) Ti's (Do they have this standard?) and ST's (which ever ST's don't have heated mirrors standard. ST1&2?) with door modules need to run the wires manually, or have it enabled in the BCM or whatever controls them.

·
Sonic Crew #04
7,513 Posts
I wonder if it can enable GPS on non GPS cars if the maps SD card is connected

·
Registered
516 Posts
I noticed after putting in my vin at the Focccus website one of the options toward the bottom is for Taillights and you can choose either Standard Rear Combo or LED Rear Combo and I have the LED taillights from europe... I wonder what this would do to the car.

Hmm.. I also see an option called "Emergency brake lamp" with options "With Emergency brake lamp Flashing" and "With Emergency brake lamp - Hazard" I wonder if thats the same option in europe that they have where if you brake hard the hazards flash momentarily.. I would actually love to have that feature.

Just looking at other stuff the dipped beam option would be nice to disable when I do projectors. Also, disabling TPMS for winter tires would be nice. Enabling rear camera would be nice too.

I ordred a USB ELM327 yesterday to be here Saturday so I will probably be trying stuff this weekend.

21 - 40 of 1376 Posts