Focus Fanatics Forum banner

281 - 300 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
I can almost guarantee that it won't work. The only way it will is if you have one touch up / down for all four windows.

To test for sure on your car, try to put the windows down with the key out of the ignition. If you can do that, Global open / close will work, if not, no go.
My MK2 focus had only driver one touch down window, nevertheless global open/close was working (it was factory enabled though).

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a similar tool to enable\disable those features on other Ford's models, like Explorer or Fusion?

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Not yet... give them time! :)

·
I WILL correct you.
5,328 Posts
I haven't read very much of this illustrious thread - because none if it matters to me if the answer to my question is "no."

Any indication this device will work on the new Fusions or Escapes?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
The Focccus as built editor won't allow you to input a VIN number that is not a. mK3 Focus so at this point, no. Maybe another similar program is out there.

·
Focus Preacher
3,408 Posts
Annoy you alot and tells you when to shift at a dangerously low rpm (cannot overtake safely in case emergency at this low engine bog too much)

It's only for manual tranny. shift is around 2000 rpm depending on engine load

·
Registered
510 Posts
In a nutshell, what shift indicator light is and what it does?
In a 5 speed (manual) car, there is a "shift indicator" that will pop up on the bottom left of the center display telling you went to shift for optimal fuel economy or something like that. Some people find it to be more of a distraction than anything, and bought a manual so they could choose when to shift, not have the car telling them when.

·
Registered
279 Posts
So, I was able to get my ELM327 to work great with my '13 Ti. I turned on Global Open/Close, HSA, and turned off the shift light.

However I went to try this on my sisters '14 Ti today and haven't been able to finish pulling down the BCM data. I get an error "Error loading VBF". The strange thing is I hit this error at different points. It either happens right out of the gate, around 40%, 66%, or 77%.

Has anyone else run into this problem? Searched the forums here and over at the ST forums and came up with nothing...

·
__________/\__
2,132 Posts
Annoy you alot and tells you when to shift at a dangerously low rpm (cannot overtake safely in case emergency at this low engine bog too much)

It's only for manual tranny. shift is around 2000 rpm depending on engine load
The shift points suggested by the display will work for maximum economy if you are operating the vehicle on level roads or descending grade. The problem is that it does not take grade into consideration and you can bog the engine going up hills.

·
Registered
105 Posts
You know I don't know. I do know that 2014s have LED for a third brake light - I have seen others though that don't - I assume they are 2012s and 2013s?. I do know the 2014s flash upon braking. Darn it all though, I keep forgetting to try and catch how many times it flashes. Should be easy to notice at night.

I will say this, I was on the hwy the other night and all of a sudden bright red lights started flashing. Thought for a moment it was the PoPo. Turned out to be the Fusion (?) next to be braking. It had the same flashing brake lamp like ours. It startled me and caught my attention. Definitely did the job.

I will go and check to see if Osram has a replacement part listed for the third brake light.
The brake lights flashing is a dealer add on. I see you're in Colorado, all the Phil Long dealers do it. They did it to mine after I asked that they not. It's called red alert and they try and rape you $199 for it.

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
They are spendy but worth it. According to their warranty page, everything sold starting May 1, 2014 has a lifetime warranty. They used to be 3 year warranties. That's got me hooked. Now just have to save some cash. I'll start by getting some reverse lights and puddle lamp lights and then wait for the rest.

Are our third brake lights led or halogen? Single bulb or more? Never noticed.
The third brake lamp is an LED as listed in the owners guide since 2012.

It's harder to see the LED lighting element on the base MK3 sans the clear housing but they are still LED lamps.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Does anyone know if there is a similar tool to enable\disable those features on other Ford's models, like Explorer or Fusion?
Seen on some US Ford dealer website that new Fusion has global open/close feature listed in options. Stopped by at my Ford dealer to check, but unfortunately they have Fusion with disconnected battery.
if anyone could check as well?

·
Registered
609 Posts
The third brake lamp is an LED as listed in the owners guide since 2012.

It's harder to see the LED lighting element on the base MK3 sans the clear housing but they are still LED lamps.

Sorry if this has been discussed ad naseum before but can you put the clear ST 3rd brake light on a non ST? It will probably be a good idea for me anyway since I added the accesory style wing

281 - 300 of 1376 Posts