Focus Fanatics Forum banner

261 - 280 of 1371 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
I never noticed the Focus's third brake light flashing. Then again, I don't usually look at my own brake lights when panic braking. I believe all the Mk3s have LED third brake lights, at least all hatchbacks do. My 2013 does.
Yep. Mine flashes. Several times. Maybe 4 or 5. I was behind a newer ST today and it did the same. By the time I realized it, I did not catch the count.

Appears as though you are correct. Looks like it is LED either way.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Yep. Mine flashes. Several times. Maybe 4 or 5. I was behind a newer ST today and it did the same. By the time I realized it, I did not catch the count.

Appears as though you are correct. Looks like it is LED either way.
Can you PM your vin or post your as built data sheet for the brake lamps? My 13 ST does not flash.

·
Registered
228 Posts
the last 2 pages need to be put in a different post.

Reprogrammed my May 2012 (2012 build 3) DRL setting to "Unkown" and changed the value to "3" (it started as a value of "1"). The headlight indicator on my dash is on all the time. My headlights are on all the time: lower power during the day, then when I turn them on, or automatically go on at dusk they go to full power. My tail lights are always on, i'm not sure if they are only using a fraction of their power, but I doubt it, since tail lights are already at a small fraction of brake light power.

·
Registered
510 Posts

Reprogrammed my May 2012 (2012 build 3) DRL setting to "Unkown" and changed the value to "3" (it started as a value of "1"). The headlight indicator on my dash is on all the time. My headlights are on all the time: lower power during the day, then when I turn them on, or automatically go on at dusk they go to full power. My tail lights are always on, i'm not sure if they are only using a fraction of their power, but I doubt it, since tail lights are already at a small fraction of brake light power.
That is interesting. My car is (was actually, disabled them) a job 1 2013 with the DRL's set to "3 - Unknown" (Canadian car) and worked as stated by others. With the headlight in the "off" position, my headlights were on reduced power, and tails were off. They would stay at low power on "parking lights" setting, and full power in the on position.

I scanned a friends car, Job 1 2012 I think, and their DRL's were set to "1 - Always Headlights". With his car, the headlights would be the same as mine, only difference being that the headlights would turn off completely when in the "parking lights" position.

·
Registered
292 Posts

Then it seems that not all of the options work the same from 2012 cars to 2013-14 cars. If you get it working let me know. I'm interested to see what works on the 12s different than the 13-14s.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I just enable the global open/close today and for anyone holding- out rest assured that it is ridiculously easy, just take your time. One thing I did notice and didn't see anyone mention is that I was throwing a non-cel dtc B113D related to a short/ ground circuit with the global sunroof.

My Ti has a sunroof and I know our cars do not have the hardware for global sunroof but the dtc would return after I cleared it. I went back in and chose the BMAX option and the dtc went away for good. Not that it matters to me but since I'm still under warranty I don't want the dealer giving me any grief [smackbum]

Anyone else with a sunroof notice that code?

·
Registered
609 Posts
This has been pretty interesting. I have a 2012 SE sport 5spd MT without sync and the basic S model instrument panel and only autodown for the Drivers window. Is there anything out there worth playing around with on my car? Just looking for opinions

·
Registered
272 Posts
This has been pretty interesting. I have a 2012 SE sport 5spd MT without sync and the basic S model instrument panel and only autodown for the Drivers window. Is there anything out there worth playing around with on my car? Just looking for opinions
The only thing I've read as confirmed working is hill start assist HSA.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
The problem they seem to be having is that the 03 option that enables DRL for 13+ Foci seems to lock the headlights in the on position on 12 Foci.
My 2012 (canadian car) has drl's from factory, functioning the same as everyone else: car on/lights off - headlight lows at 90% and tails on, car on/lights on - headlights on full and tails on.

Anyone tried the other settings yet?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Just wondering if anyone with an intelligent access car (Titanium/ST) was able to get heated mirrors working? My sister just picked up a 2012 Titanium without the winter package. The dealer agreed to install the heated seats for us for free and gave us the heated mirrors w/the puddle lamps at cost, which I am going to install. I found another thread which pretty much indicates that in order to install heated mirrors in a intelligent access car, you have to do some rewiring, which I'd like to avoid if possible.

I was just hoping someone out there with a 2012 Titanium or an ST1/ST2 had found a setting in FoCCCus to get these accessories working - making the new mirrors plug and play.

Also - is it possible to add a backup camera to MFT car by picking up a camera and changing a settings in FoCCCus?

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
80 Posts
My 2012 (canadian car) has drl's from factory, functioning the same as everyone else: car on/lights off - headlight lows at 90% and tails on, car on/lights on - headlights on full and tails on.

Anyone tried the other settings yet?
That's how my 2013 (US) operates now that I've changed the setting. No indication on the dashboard. Apparently, though, 2012 US cars that use the same setting instead get headlights at full power, and the headlight indicator on the dashboard, when the lights are off

Also - is it possible to add a backup camera to MFT car by picking up a camera and changing a settings in FoCCCus?
I believe this has been done. I don't know if I saw it on this thread or on the similar thread on FocusST.org though.

261 - 280 of 1371 Posts