Focus Fanatics Forum banner

201 - 220 of 1376 Posts

·
Registered
4,328 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Did anyone try using HID or Alternative HID and leaving the halogen bulbs in there? what happens in that case?

Another question is, does using either disable the PWM in the low beam circuit? As in do you still need to run a steady 12V to your HID ballast?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
Did anyone try using HID or Alternative HID and leaving the halogen bulbs in there? what happens in that case?

Another question is, does using either disable the PWM in the low beam circuit? As in do you still need to run a steady 12V to your HID ballast?
I ran halogen for a day on the alternative HID setup. Ran like normal.

You should run the 12v harness with HIDs but don't need then resistors. Although they will work just fine powered straight from the headlight themselves without wire harnesses. Slim ballasts only take about 6 amps on startup and our wires are run for 15 amps I believe.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I'm not sure if I should post this one here but. Does anyone know of there is a way to upgrade the Sync in a non MFT 2012 SEL to get the app link?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
Has anyone tried the various settings listed under "drl"?

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
I'm not sure if I should post this one here but. Does anyone know of there is a way to upgrade the Sync in a non MFT 2012 SEL to get the app link?
Not sure. I would like this as well but don't know how to force load or manually load an update to Sync.

I have not, I know some have to eliminate DRLs on Canadian vehicles.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Not sure. I would like this as well but don't know how to force load or manually load an update to Sync.

I have not, I know some have to eliminate DRLs on Canadian vehicles.
I guess we can start with getting the non mft sync file with app link and see. I think the 2013 focus has it right?

·
Registered
292 Posts
Ah. Mine was an early 2012. Could you maybe download your sync file from the ford website and dropbox it?
Message me the exact files you want and I can email them to you, or I can just get all the software numbers from my car off of foCCCus and then you can download them yourself.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Message me the exact files you want and I can email them to you, or I can just get all the software numbers from my car off of foCCCus and then you can download them yourself.
I appreciate it if you can just give me the number off your car so u don't have to bother with downloading and emailing.

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
I turned on DRL for headlights which turns the lows on. But since my headlights and fog lights are relayed together it turns my lights on full power. So now my lights are always on even in the off mode.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
I turned on DRL for headlights which turns the lows on. But since my headlights and fog lights are relayed together it turns my lights on full power. So now my lights are always on even in the off mode.
Do you remember which setting you used?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Does anybody have a full run down of what turning DRL on does in a stock configuration?

Sounds like it uses the Low beams. Does it use only a portion of the power or full power? When to they turn on? (Car on? ebrake off? in gear?) Does turning the dial to off turn them off - aka they only work when dial is in "Auto" mode?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Discussion Starter #215
Does anybody have a full run down of what turning DRL on does in a stock configuration?

Sounds like it uses the Low beams. Does it use only a portion of the power or full power? When to they turn on? (Car on? ebrake off? in gear?) Does turning the dial to off turn them off - aka they only work when dial is in "Auto" mode?
Don't the Canadian ST3's use the front parking/led strip as DRL's after the TSB for them? I wonder what setting would use the front parking lights as DRL's.

Also, has anyone messed with getting the fog lights in pre-14 MY's to work the same as 14 MY's? IE, they remember your last setting always?

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,034 Posts
Don't the Canadian ST3's use the front parking/led strip as DRL's after the TSB for them? I wonder what setting would use the front parking lights as DRL's.
Me too... Or is there a setting that could be used for such a purpose?

·
Registered
1,308 Posts
Do you remember which setting you used?
Line 16 - Always Headlights

I am not sure on how many volts it sends out (I can check with a multimeter.) Always Headlights will turn the headlights on in any mode. Once you put it in Accessory or Start they turn on. Mine are running full power since my headlights are run by a relay (relay will trigger at half voltage without a problem)

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
@SilverPony2001 thanks for this awesome thread, as i was able to finally activate selectshift!

·
Registered
48 Posts
I flashed my car a couple times with an unmodified ELM327 cheapo last night. Got my global up and down enabled, headlamps set to 'alternative HID' with dipped bulb off (able to run HID's without any extra resistors/wires/fuses, no dipped bulb error!) and the auto highbeam function going.
Don't we need some kinda front camera/sensor to get the auto highbeam working? This feature would be great since I live in the country.

201 - 220 of 1376 Posts