Focus Fanatics Forum banner

181 - 200 of 1376 Posts

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
Ya know, part of me is now wondering if this could be used to enable the keysor grill shutters...

·
Registered
24 Posts
Whats so funny? I can see that happening as there are features built into SEs that arent enabled that all you have to do is program them

The problem is is that you're describing a new part, not a reprogramming of the ecu. They wouldn't just put a part in without "activating" it. :)

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
The problem is is that you're describing a new part, not a reprogramming of the ecu. They wouldn't just put a part in without "activating" it. :)
Im enabling selectshift without installing it into the transmission

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
You mean like the low washer solvent sensor? lmfao, jk. (but seriously)

But if you install them yourself, I don't see why this wouldn't work to enable them. It's highly unlikely that you have shutters, but they're just disabled unless it were some type of mess up on the production line.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Whats so funny? I can see that happening as there are features built into SEs that arent enabled that all you have to do is program them
I have an SE, it has grill shutters and they function, however I think that not all of the 2012s have them, so if you were speaking of adding them to the car I can see your point, but cars equipped with them have them enabled.

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
You mean like the low washer solvent sensor? lmfao, jk. (but seriously)

But if you install them yourself, I don't see why this wouldn't work to enable them. It's highly unlikely that you have shutters, but they're just disabled unless it were some type of mess up on the production line.
He can look to see if he has them, just remove the middle grill

·
Registered
292 Posts
The shutters are a thing Ford uses to brag fuel economy, they wouldn't put it in a car an not activate it, its not the same as hill start assist or select shift, those are more luxury things Ford wants you to pay for.

·
Vive Les Revolucion!
4,025 Posts
I was moreso thinking for those who dont have them, who may want to add them... My se sedan has them, as apparently, it was part (unannounced as well) of the winter pack... But others might not be as fortunate (like cars without selectshift, or HSA)...

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
I was moreso thinking for those who dont have them, who may want to add them... My se sedan has them, as apparently, it was part (unannounced as well) of the winter pack... But others might not be as fortunate (like cars without selectshift, or HSA)...
My car has no selectshift but has the shutters

·
Registered
289 Posts
As part of the whole fuel economy deal, I think that every Focus has shutters. I have a May build '12 SEL w/o the winter package, and I have the shutters.

It's not really a luxury thing, because they increase highway MPG and help the engine warm up faster in the winter

If you have a friend, you can see your shutters working for yourself when you start the car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaburVkPcJY

·
Registered
9,262 Posts
As part of the whole fuel economy deal, I think that every Focus has shutters. I have a May build '12 SEL w/o the winter package, and I have the shutters.

It's not really a luxury thing, because they increase highway MPG and help the engine warm up faster in the winter

If you have a friend, you can see your shutters working for yourself when you start the car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaburVkPcJY
This^^^^

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
Considering that the grill shutters are a mechanical device and do cost money, common sense would tell you that they are either present and enabled -or- they are not present.

·
Registered
510 Posts
181 - 200 of 1376 Posts