Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any advantage to putting a foam garden pad on the interior of my hood above the Volant intake. Myfordfocus does this and I was wondering if there would be any good reason for doing this?

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so since I have an 02 I should do this? and is there any real gain from it?

·
Registered
845 Posts
just cut a hole in the hood and allow it to breath

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
GonFishin said:
just cut a hole in the hood and allow it to breath

Hmmm...I don't think I'll be doing that quite yet. Sometime down the road I'll get the ram air hood, and then I'll be all set, but I'm not going to go cutting a random hole in my hood right now. I was just wondering if it would be beneficial to add the foam piece to my car, or if it doesn't make a difference either way.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Actually I was considering doing this before I took out my Focus Central CAI. I also have an '02 with no hood insulation for the box to seal against, and I see no point in having an intake like this that is supposed to suck cooler air from a remote location, if all it's doing is sucking hot air from around the top of the box, instead of sealing against the hood. Placing a foam pad between the hood and the top of the box would also "hold" the box in place, and stop some of the noise created by the box vibrating against everything and not being mounted to anything.

I think it's a good idea. Either that or just order the hood insulation, for a factory look.

·
Mr. Wizard
937 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks LG, as always your advice is quite helpful. I think I'll try the Foam pad first and if it seems to be a good thing, then I'll probably get the insulation from Ford.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts