Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My FM radio is not coming through at all. AM radio works and cd player works too. What could possibly be causing the interference with the FM radio?

2002 SVT Focus

·
Registered
6 Posts
This is actually the reason I joined the forum. I have an 02 SPI (i know, I know :( ) and its been doing this for a while. Its pretty intermittent, sometimes I can listen to the radio for my entire commute, other times its no good for a week... Very strange. I'll probably swap in an am/fm aftermarket head unit.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes I think im going to go for an aftermarket hu but its a lot of hassle and dont want to loose my steering wheel radio controls so still a little undecided atm

·
Dat boxer rumble
3,451 Posts
The stock foci radio have always been troublemakers. Especially in the SVT.

Make sure your antenna is hooked up all the way in the back. Otherwise go Aftermarket.

You can get kits to hook up a headunit to your steeringwheel controls as well. I did.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Yep, most if not all Kenny HUs have a kit to hook them up tot he steering wheel controls, OR you can find a like new stock one here for not much coin. I have the stocker out of my 04 that works as new I would sell pretty cheap. I just got a new Kenwood 696 and it rocks. Can't wait till I get time to install the amp and sub box.

·
Registered
675 Posts
Oh, and to answer your question, I highly doubt anything can interfere witht eh FM radio reception other then the FM tuner in the head unit going out.

·
Registered
81 Posts
The Audiophile in my 03 SVT sucks as well, even in the DFW area where there are literally hundreds of channels. I am on my 3rd antenna thinking that might be the problem, I also have had the unit out and checked the antenna connection but to no avail. I guess I am glad that they all suck, somehow makes me feel better knowing everyone else is just as frustrated. You know, the old "misery loves company" thing.
Puke

1 - 8 of 8 Posts