Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My flywheel is covered under warrenty right?and if so should they be charging me labor on replacing the clutch at the same time?

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
what kind of problem are you experiencing?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer adjusted my shift linkage and two days later my clutch fried. The fly wheel did not crack ,but they said they can't resurface it because it's a two peice flywheel,so there going to replace it.I said the clutch frying was there fault ,because they must have screwed something up when they were working on it .They said the clutch just wore out ,but I had no problems until they worked on it.When I got the car back it felt like the revs were hanging more so than normal,but it turned out the clutch was hanging and not fully disengaging.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
i would kill somebody and then write a letter to the nearest manager!!!

·
Registered
784 Posts
You could always contact the Better Business Bureau and see if they can help correct the dealerships mistake.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
How many miles are on your car? Theres a TSB on the flywheel causing premature clutch failure.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
b16sir1991 said:
How many miles are on your car? Theres a TSB on the flywheel causing premature clutch failure.
about 37000 but i have the premeium care warrinty from ford.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what does tsb stand for? can anyone help me with this situation?

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks WD40.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Technical Service Bullitin. Its covers the flywheel, clutch and possibly the trans itself.

·
Turbo!!!!
5,797 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does milage matter? I would have just done this myself if I didn't feel like 128 ford didn't screw it up when they had my car for two weeks just to end up adjusting the shift linkage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts