Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if someone would be willing to give me info on a very good flywheel.

·
Registered
793 Posts
how much power are u making?

·
Registered
388 Posts
Unorthodox Racing

9.5lbs

Implementation cannot take place without research and development. Machining tolerances are extremely important when making a flywheel. Parallelisms on these units are kept to within .001, the most accurate in the industry. Dowel pins are hardened steel units and all hardware is grade 8 (grade 10.9 metric equivalent), the highest grade of fastener available today. Torque plates are also included in applications where required and flywheels are checked for zero-balance before shipping. Ring gears are heated before they are placed on the flywheel and then cooled to shrink them in place. In addition, they are bolted to ensure the ring gear will never slip or come off the flywheel under any circumstances.

These flywheel weights are chosen very carefully. They are the perfect balance of strength and lightweight. Energy normally used to turn the heavy stock steel flywheel is now used to turn the drive wheels! The reduced mass allows the engine to rev faster and get you into your power band more quickly.

Lightweight 6061-T6 Billet Aluminum

CNC Machined to .001

Real HP & Torque Gains Across Entire RPM Range

Wear-Resistant, Replaceable Treated Alloy Steel Friction Inserts

High Quality Polished Finish

$479.99 +FREE SHIPPING

http://gallery.bcentral.com/Gallery/ProductDetails.aspx?GID=5039290&PID=2965991&page=1&sortOrder=0

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
flywheels arent a good mod for low hp & torque making foci. they are too light in most cases and u will more than likely experience hanging rpms

·
Registered
160 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
all i have under the hood is a cai, a throttle body spacer, and a muffler. (the muffler comes out the back like normal, but i cut off the factory muffler and resonator. then i welded on an 18 inch staright pipe to replace the area where the muffler was. then i welded my muffler on the end of the remaining factory piping.) Euro, what do you mean by hanging rpm's?

·
Registered
793 Posts
right now u do not need a flywheel, get up some more power first!!

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Your engine will not idle properly for one. The flywheels made for the focus are too light.

Only when you are making significantly more torque will a flywheel really balance out a combination.

I have seen them on mild foci and they aren't very impressive.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts