Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doing an ATX to MTX swap soon. what size are the flywheel to pressure plate bolts? im wanting to get some new ones because i don't have the old ones. and i want to avoid buying from the dealer if possible there is a shop that carrys high grade bolts (they actually supply bolts for the Ford plant in talbotville.)

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The dealer doesn't charge an arm and a leg for bolts. You know those are TTY right?
in canada they try to kill you with the cost of parts. i didn't know they were torque to yield. when you get a clutch kit would they come with the bolts then? i try to not go to the dealer as much as possible. for a low pressure PS line (the ones thats like 2 feet) they wanted $230, they also told me AZFS22C plugs do not exist and tried selling me some $50 plugs. also who the hell wants to pay $30 for 2 ball joint bolts. i went to FACCA and got 2 grade 10.9 or 12.9 bolts,nuts and washers for $2.50 and i no longer have torx heads!!!. so if i can get the higher grade bolts for cheaper im going to. only thing i have bought at a dealer is MTX75 "honey" 3qrts = $90 and some Mercon V 5qrts = $45. i will probably have to take my flywheel with me to match up the threads.

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Torx are such a bad joke. I had to order a set so i can do my flywheel.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just in case people care they are M8x1.25 13mm bolts (i got 12mm ones) ford wanted $7 per bolt. i got all 10.9 grade bolts for $3 from FACCA

1 - 6 of 6 Posts