Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you put a lightweight flywheel on a stock clutch? I would like to do a lighter flywheel for the enhanced bottom end, but dont need, or have the money for, a new clutch. just wondering if its possible, or if it would hurt the stock clutch or anything like that?

·
Registered
71 Posts
can you put a lightweight flywheel on a stock clutch? I would like to do a lighter flywheel for the enhanced bottom end, but dont need, or have the money for, a new clutch. just wondering if its possible, or if it would hurt the stock clutch or anything like that?
if your clutch was never replaced I would not skip replacing it because SVT is known for having a bad designed clutch that fails very early especially if it's beaten on. plus there is a redesigned version of the flywheel/clutch and I would assume that all the lightweight flywheels are made to fit the new clutch type. You can buy the OEM LUK clutch part # 07-190 from here http://www.hitepartsexchange.com/ for $270

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the clutch has been replaced. not exactly sure when, but i remember seeing it in the paperwork. i have every bit of paperwork from everything ever done to the car from the previous owner. So i will have to check into when that was done.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts