Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let me try a different approach to my question(s).

I have a 2004 SVT with 125,000 miles on it. Recently my flywheel either let go or somehow got loose. It basically shakes the heck out of the car and I think tripped the knock sensor.

Has this happened to anyone else? I know the dual mass flywheel is a tricky thing.

I'm debating on fixing it myself or selling it off? Thoughts? Has anyone replaced a flywheel here? If so, how much did it run you and how long did it take?

Thanks for the help/advice/info.

-Dave

·
Vince your Moderator
5,074 Posts
Also, it'll take 4-8 hrs to replace. Do not be offended by my trying to protect members by closing your other thread. The car is worth saving IMO

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
I know a guy who has one just like yours lol.

Congrats on the new SVT. I put the OEM LUK in mine.

[cheers]

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
[cheers]

thanks we are so happy to have a SVT back in the driveway. I plan on the OEM Luk too. Car is 100% stock and will stay that way.
Happy to see my car going to a good home. I hope to see it back on the road. [^]

·
Multi-Focusing
3,868 Posts
[cheers]

thanks we are so happy to have a SVT back in the driveway. I plan on the OEM Luk too. Car is 100% stock and will stay that way.
My red SVT drives like the day it rolled out of the factory in Mexico as #125.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
My red SVT drives like the day it rolled out of the factory in Mexico as #125.
That's awesome. Something about these cars. I know two other people that had mishaps with theirs and ended up finding another to replace it.

Status update: Family health issue has prevented me from working on the car. Plan to get to it this weekend. I'll document the findings and repair.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts