Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a new headunit that has a usb jack on it and it came with an extension cable. I want to have more of a finished "it came that way" look. Does anyone know of a nice, small, oem look, flush mount USB Jack?

THANKS!

·
Registered
936 Posts
I haven't seen anything of this nature yet. I have a feeling if you want something, you're gonna have to get out the dremel, bondo, and fiberglass, and make something yourself. I've considered this as well. Either with a USB port, or sculpting an SD or CF card reader into my radio bezel somewhere. Haven't decided if I'm going to bother yet, since I really don't mind my USB cable routed into my glove box. If your HU didn't come with a long enough cable, you can simply buy a USB extension cable at any store that carries computer stuff.

·
Registered
936 Posts
Ohh, I like that USB cable. I could see where it could be done carefully to make it flush mount. But personally, I use a thumb drive, not an MP3 player of any kind, so I just toss it into the glove box. Out of sight, out of mind.

·
FocusRush
1,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I too am using a thumb drive and I just like the idea of sticking it into the dash or center console into a USB plug.

When I get paid, I'll go ahead and order 2 of these and make it so I can run 2 of them. I'm going to play around with the placement of them a bit. I'm debating between the center console or on the stereo surround.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts