Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm thinking about putting a flowmaster super 44 on my 08 sedan. Has anyone done this? Would it be too much? Would it still sound good if the rest of the exhaust is stock?

·
RIP 02 SVT 0209
3,944 Posts
on my dads 03 zx5 we had a flowmaster put on and it sounds good
nice and deep no rice at all

it had a k&n cai
but the header and stuff was stock

·
Registered
1,522 Posts
on my dads 03 zx5 we had a flowmaster put on and it sounds good
nice and deep no rice at all

it had a k&n cai
but the header and stuff was stock
I heard a couple vids of focus's with flowmaster super 44 and 40 series...

I thought it sounded fairly decent but would have liked to have heard it in person to give a better more accurate opinion.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea I'm the only focus guy I know around me so idk if I'd be able to hear someones. Everyone else is straight rice.....I know the 44s sound good on a crown vic though hahaha we'll see if that translates to a focus

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
should sond good and deep I would only assume. My buddy has a flow master on his truck souned great...but that was a v8....

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
eh, i dunno about flowmaster 44 or 40 series on a i4. I know the 60 series is made for smaller displacement engines. My sisters bf has the 60 series on his i4 honda accord with stock piping and it actually sounds pretty nice.

just my 2 cents :-D

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
nice, does it sound deep and throaty, or more of a buzzier tone? I did see a vid of a guy with a super 44 but he had a trubendz pipe kit too so idk if my stock piping will still sound good.

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
why would you not just do it right and do the entire exhaust in the first place?

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
no performance boost tho :(

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm not too concerned with the performance cause I know if I want some serious boosts, I'll need to fork out some more serious money. I just like the sound and want to be different than anyone else out there, I want my focus to be MY focus ya know?

Just got back from tinting :) looks awesome. I need a photo road trip. Anyone living in Socal up for one someday?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
O and I plan to ground the TB once I find 4 gauge speaker wire, so all is not lost, that and a modest CAI would be nice.

·
Registered
687 Posts
love my steeda sri !!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Force-Powered Focus
6,877 Posts
2.5 is.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts