Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has purchased a Flowmaster exhaust system and how it sounds?? I love my flowmaster on my stang and was wondering how they are for the focus or should I just get Borla???

·
Registered
21 Posts
I know that the actual Flowmaster exhaust is only 2.00" in diameter. Most systems are 2.25" and up. The sound from the Flowmaster is really nice. It's very deep, but seems to be a bit louder than most other systems. If you want the Flowmaster sound, just go through TruBendz.com and get their system with the Flowmaster muffler.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It sounds burbly. I think they use a 40 series muffler at Trubendz which is loud and cheap to buy so that's why they would use it. If you go to Flowmasters website and listen to their 4 cylinder cars on their 50 and 60 series Delta Flow mufflers they sounds like a 4 cylinder should sound. So it's up to you. But the catback FROM Flowmaster is shady. It's only 2 inch in diameter. Obvisouly they weren't thinking ahead when they made that catback.

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Hey b&g I have the magnaflow 2.25..on my zx3 s2 I felt it was a bit loud but deep so I also installed a 2.25 silencer in the long tube .Now its pretty quiet and still has very distinct low rumble. With the shorty header and race pipe w/cheater . I would have gone full race header but I didn`t whant the headache of dismantle for smog here in utah. I give one vote for the magnaflow plus all stainless.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Dito here on last post by liquid01 opinion on the magnaflow.I own a zetec 4 door sedan with the magnaflow and the sound its awesome.BEFORE YOU PUT THE SILENCER, listen to it, then make up your mind.Hope the info helps.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I have the flowmaster 2.5 inch through trubendz, It sounds great and it does open up your exhaust flow. If it didn't, flowmaster wouldnt put there name on it.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the info guys.. You all really gave me alot to think about!! As much as I love the Flowmaster I think i will stick with my original choice which is Borla. Like their warranty a little better!!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
I have a borla exhaust and i love it...great sound n pretty easy to install (except for the cutting of the stock exhaust). The borla exhaust looks good too.

·
Broken cars s[:)][:)][:)] :(
18,832 Posts
well all exhausts are installed the same way....take this for example black....my friend who has a nissan sentra ser spec v thinks my friend dereks borla sounds rice but my magnaflow actually sounds good.....make up u'r mind from that :) the borla does souind good....if u want low and deep go magnaflow

1 - 12 of 12 Posts