·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh hey that's awesome. Thanks!

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah should work.... 00-04 models are unchanged. you should get the magnaflow, though it's your choice, I'd just prefer the magnaflow because flowmaster tends to get an annoying drone, even on a focus. so in other words a resonator added might not be out of the question [:)]

edit: nice, looks like we have the same car, just a year's difference [cheers]

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
well I did look at some youtube vids of course, and it's not a bad sound, but that thing would start to drive me crazy eventually...plus I have to have a quieter setup anyway, since I get home from work at 1 am sometimes lol

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Haha ya i would want one that has a nice sound but isn't too loud. And preferably American :p even though a performance part is a performance part. So I really haven't decided between Magnaflow or Flowmaster yet. I know people that have used both but on trucks.

And woot even the same color lol. Autozone seems to think that only 2% of Sedans had the Zetec 2.0L in 2003.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
heh I have SPI, that's maybe a difference, huh? that's a really small number though [:0]

right as for the exhaust though...... check this out, http://www.magnaflowplanet.com/product.php?productid=6423&cat=0&page=1

this is the one I ordered, and it should be here tomorrow [headbang]

it's $341.04 with free shipping via fedex ground [:)] This is about what it should sound like too, especially if you have an air intake kit, like the focussport FS010 I'll order soon (just had to mention that ) http://www.youtube.com/watch?emb=0&aq=-1&v=XU43fdM6zfo&eurl=http://video.google.com/videosearch?q=magnaflow+cat+back+focus&oq=magnaflow+catiurl=http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/XU43fdM6zfo/default.jpg

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Beautiful sound, I think I'll go with that one after I do a tad but more research just to make sure. I like how it keeps the lower sounds, thats what I want it to do. I have a K&N Typhoon, sounds nice but to be honest it sounds a bit ricer. But oh well :p

Edit:
Ya that flowmaster has a sound I can't quite describe but I don't like it lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
so... looks like the magnaflow, huh? well another great thing is that whole exhaust is stainless steel, and is really easy to install because it just involves cutting the old pipe with a hacksaw at the indicated point, removing, then bolting on and clamping the pipes together [:)] plus lifetime warranty do your homework though, I definitely did mine :D.
Yeah that flowmaster though...ick, it sounds like a rusted old exhaust to me lol.
hopefully with a new exhaust your intake shouldn't sound so ricey, unless it's coming from the intake part itself. Ive yet to discover the world of intakes :B

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think its coming from the intake but I'm not sure. It's not too ricy but the exhaust should override it. And a simply install is good for me, plus no welding is a plus

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
yeah that's what I was thinking, about the exhaust overriding it. Yeah I don't have any experience with this stuff so I'll have to see how it goes as far as ease of installation... I should probably be able to get it on sometime this week, probably wednesday, so I'll grab a couple cameras and make a video inside and outside then splice em together [woot] heh I'm so excited [grinking]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Haha taht would be awesome. SRI install time: 20 minutes max (I was told) my time: 1 hour lol. I'm getting better though :p Good luck with your install, it's gonna be awesome when its done.

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
Haha taht would be awesome. SRI install time: 20 minutes max (I was told) my time: 1 hour lol. I'm getting better though :p Good luck with your install, it's gonna be awesome when its done.
lol!! I already took my stock airbox out once just because I was bored, so hopefully it shouldn't take me as long... thanks, I hope it'll be awesome but yeah I'll message you or something when I make the videos [cheers]

good luck finding yourself an exhaust, too! [thumb]

ah yeah, and FocusRacingAustralia? that's definitely not running stock cat lol... I hear flowmasters are the loudest by far though... I have to admit, I kinda laugh at ricers now for some reason [strongman]

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks man keep me posted on the progress of your car for sure.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Haha yup I was tryin to get an avatar but was too lazy until now :p It's really darn crowded in there.

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
ah yeah, and FocusRacingAustralia? that's definitely not running stock cat lol... I hear flowmasters are the loudest by far though... I have to admit, I kinda laugh at ricers now for some reason [strongman]
I have a OBX header and it's made my cossie exhaust sounds like a plane
Who driving that plane at 35mph[driving] ...lol

·
Aurelius Pardus
26,535 Posts
hey, EricNR.... yeah I didn't mention it here, but I gotta postpone installing the system because my shop teacher says I could do it as an option project, and he'll put it on the alignment rack and heat the bolts and all that....give me a little help [:)] I know you were expecting a video, so I ought to have it installed and record the first start after install and the short drive home, then maybe a little more after. anyway, expect that on like the 16th or 17th of September :p

1 - 20 of 35 Posts