Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Get The Hammer!
1,687 Posts
It fits in my 2000 next to the gas tank. It sound okay but not as good as I expected. It does sound really good at idle.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
dude save yourself the hassle and get one of these...

you can pick one up from summit racing for less than $60 and it will outflow the hell out of a crapmaster and sound much better to boot.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...922711+4294922710+4294891681+115&autoview=sku

they are only 14 inches long and 4 inches in diameter and can be purchased for any size piping in polished or natural finish. we just put one on my friends zetec and it sounds badass!

·
GoKart and Me!!!
13,487 Posts
it will not fit a duratec car there is not as much room as next to the tank
I know on my car, I had to go with the 60 series (before I upgraded to MF) because it was the only one that would fit. Any other series had too long of a body. I don't know about hatches, though.

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
heh heh we fit an oval muffler with some creative mounting, however i have a different gas tank in being a pzev, idk how much that would affect it tho

·
Premium Member
21,259 Posts
40's are too big, 60's are designed for small displacement engines with either 2.25 and 2.5 diameter exhaust pipe. You'd be likely to have to relocate the muffler to the rear if you wanted to fit it in a later model.

IMO your average FM is crap. Most people opt for the cheaper, smaller mufflers that are readily available. I remember the original FM's with the 3 chamber design that provided more exhaust flow than straight pipes due to the suction action of the design. This is how they made their name. All the goofballs with the smaller popular mufflers are missing out on what FM's are capable of doing for an engine. I personally don't even like the sound as compared to the quieter higher flow 3 chamber designs.

Now if you had a wagon like me, you could fit the 50 series behind the wheel- LOL. I got 9" on all you guys, at least when it comes to the car.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
40's are too big, 60's are designed for small displacement engines with either 2.25 and 2.5 diameter exhaust pipe.
+2.

60 series sounds good on smaller engines. Just run it without a resonator if you want it loud.

·
Banned
263 Posts
i have a 40 series on my duratec. sounds real good. i use it with a resonator as well to get rid of the choppyness it had. it sounds smooth and mellow.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
well I guess the 60 series does keep it quieter than the 40 series. but id def run a resonator with the 40 series like highrollenzx3 said.

i do love my magnaflow though :-D

·
Registered
214 Posts
FYi, because of the shape and size of the tank, duratec equipped Foci, require a round muffler while earlier fofo's can use an oval one.
Are you talking about the same spot where this oval muffler is mounted or you talking about where the round muffler is at? I have a total of three Magnaflow mufflers.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Basically i dont want my car sounding like its popping pop corn when i rev it up then release the gas, nor do i want it sound like a high pitched fart when i get on it.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
X2^^ ya just exhaust...but I and I think I would speak for most on here, like the popping of the corn sound on the mufler...IMO, and I hope you dont plan on getting a tune either b/c it just made mine worse...well in my case it better...but you wouldn't like it so for you it would make it worse...maybe.

·
Registered
98 Posts
dude save yourself the hassle and get one of these...

you can pick one up from summit racing for less than $60 and it will outflow the hell out of a crapmaster and sound much better to boot.

http://store.summitracing.com/partd...922711+4294922710+4294891681+115&autoview=sku

they are only 14 inches long and 4 inches in diameter and can be purchased for any size piping in polished or natural finish. we just put one on my friends zetec and it sounds badass!

does the car have a resonator? Can you describe the sound? Or post a video clip? I am looking at buying this muffler.

·
Max8
2,858 Posts
I have a super 44 flowmaster and you all know how it sounds[:D] If you want something loud, go with the super 44; and for those who say that the round muffler is the only option... Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when I've seen footprints on the moon![nutkick]

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I have a super 44 flowmaster and you all know how it sounds[:D] If you want something loud, go with the super 44; and for those who say that the round muffler is the only option... Don't tell me that the sky is the limit when I've seen footprints on the moon![nutkick]

The super 44 is smaller right?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts