Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my flexpipe has a kink [?|] (area where the pipe goes on top of the axle). Would a muffler shop be able to stretch it out/ un-kink it. Is cutting the pipe and welding another pipe on a possibility? I'm having second thoughts on buying a new one if it indeed can be fixed.

Help guys! Thanks!

marc

·
Registered
789 Posts
a shop would charge you about 60-70 bucks to fix it so why not spend the 30-40 bucks more and get a new flex

·
Registered
789 Posts
no they cost 100. i said spend the EXTRA $ and get the new flex instead of taking it to a shop. not tryin' to hate but do the math. 60+40=100 or 70+30=100

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GREAT NEWS!!!! I went to the muffler shop and they used their pipe-bender-thingy to un-kink the pipe. They charged me....... NOTHING! It was free! I was so excited when they said the F word!!!

Thanks for the help though guys!

Marc

·
Registered
789 Posts
that's awesome man. i'm glad you got it fixed

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks man! Yeah that was pretty exciting.

Hey, for you guys who has an aftermarket header/cat/flex/exhaust, what kind of "noise/sound" is being heard from the front end of your ride? Mine's kind of a buzzy, lawnmower (well, something like that) sound. It gets really loud on WOT, but quiets down on cruising speeds. Is this typical for our Foci do sound like this? Are the bigger diameter pipes causing the noise?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts