Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, ive got a 2.5 inch Magnaflow cat on my Foci, now....is the flex pipe part of the catalytic converter? I didnt even think about replacing it, any ideas and/or opinions?

·
Registered
341 Posts
its the 'in between' pipe after the cat, b4 your magnaflow. yes its smart to replace it. since you have a 2.5in unit, logic would lead you to the yodude (trubendz) 2.5in stainless flex. if you decide to go w/a 2.25in unit (just hypothetical), then go Bosal, granted the unit FC sells badged under their name is a Bosal. just dont buy the FS flex, mine is dead after just over a yr and i have no recourse. idk maybe coated worx out in cali, but it doesnt where you and i live, so get w/stainless pipe.

-Ult

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool, thanks, could a muffler shop install it? I wish i had the tools to do it myself[:(]

·
Registered
565 Posts
Yeah, I got my cat and flex at the same time as my cat back and the thing is great. I say go w/ the bosal one cause it comes w/ gaskets for both the cat side and the catback side. heres my question to everyone, WHY IS A CAT-BACK called a CAT-BACK, when its not from the CAT-BACK, there is a flex pipe in the way?????????????????????????????

1 - 9 of 9 Posts