Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok heres the deal I have a 2.25" cat-back exhaust. Header, cat and flex are all stock, i was going to get a new flex pipe, most likely the FC 2.25" one, would I see any gains over what I have right now, also my stock header, flex and cat are like WAY rusted which is pretty unusual for Colorado, hardly any cars rust like that out here, granted every car rusts some over time, I mean comon I looked and even my frame is starting to rust bad under there and my stock cat and flex look like they could crumble, WTF is going on, Im thinking ford = low quality right now, what do I do to keep it from getting worse?
[}:)]

·
Premium Member
2,993 Posts
I here you on the rust. The flex will give you more breath...something you can definately use.
I'm sure you get through the car wash and get the undercarriage number..don't know what to tell you. The FC cat is stainless...I have one...and recommend it if you get a new one. I'm not to sure what you can do to stop it. Check out the rust through protection warranty with a dealer.

·
AKA Toyotech
4,043 Posts
the rust will not rust threw so you don't need to worry about that...its supposed to rust.. only time you will see minimal gains is when all the other exhaust components are aftermarket.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts