Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
I may break and get a manifold that puts it where the air box was. The idea of a insulated and vented turbo area excites me!!.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #22

The water lines cost me more than the tdo4 13t which btw will be turbo I use. Something does not sit right in my gut with the k04. Hence I'm going to go with my gut. Td04 13t it is

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #23

Getting there, my local shop is going to do the flange and down pipe with exhaust for 400. This week I need to relocate hoses

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Thanks we are going to adapt the end to vband then use the unused transmission point mount to attach the down pipe

·
Registered
294 Posts
Dude this is sweet! A lot of similar stuff to what I want to do at some point. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread for sure! And that's a pretty dope manifold too.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Today went slowly but we managed to get all the pipes for the intercooler cut filled and prepped. We are waiting on two couplers to permanently mount everything.

In sad news it looks like my intercooler will conflict with the front fog lights so there will be some plastic surgery. Also we had to make some cuts for the turbo return from the intercooler. One of the blades on the cutter bit the dust! In a way I had never seen before.

Now in a attempt to reduce heat in the bay the entire hot line will be wrapped or blanketed. Here is the down pipe wrapped all the way to the cross member. We are getting more wrap for the actual header.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Looks good man! Keep it up!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Oil line is hung gotta get something setup to keep it from the header pipe . Also attacked the bumper ! The intercooler was to thick. Lastly I'm going to use a 4.6 maf in a 3 inch tube. Well see how this goes.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Today the weather sucked so with that in mind grabbing parts out of the car a working inside the grange was very appealing. I present my gauge pods!

21 - 40 of 80 Posts