Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uploadfromtaptalk1435940430243.jpg This is it! I always wanted to build a turbo focus and now it's happening. Let me begin by letting you folks know what we are doing.

1. This build is to be a fun daily driver.
2 including car this build can not exceed $5000 dollars.
3. This will only be possible to do well because when I put out the call all my friends offered help from welding to ecu.

Those are the principles and rules I will adhere to. You are invited to tag along and comment on this adventure as we bring a 2000 se into the performance world.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
uploadfromtaptalk1435940750845.jpg

All bushings and control arms are out.
Bushing kit was 180 dollars. Special tanks to my college bud Daniel Valentine for helping tear it all out for poly swap. These thing are a pain to press in. New arms with bushings were 450+. Hence this was a superior decision I'll update as soon as we get them pressed in with photos

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
uploadfromtaptalk1436118962561.jpg today I found my better front brakes! The pads even look good on them. Because I want to stay in 15" stock wheels. I found a 2005 with resurfacaable rotors. This means pressing in the 05 ball joint into my 2000 control arms but no bother.
nu

Total spent so far : 1690

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quick update:

The bushings are almost all in it took a little enginuetiy on the trailing arm one but just let me say : "may the torch be with us!"

Also my strut kit has arrived!

I specifically ordered the kit with new mounting plates. There is no need to put 200k stuff back in the car!

Total spent so far: 2090

·
#dailydriven
6,103 Posts
nice, looking forward to this build!

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Update :

The rear suspension is in the car!! On another note I stumbled over a cherry condition k04 this weekend that will be going in the car as well. uploadfromtaptalk1436802527553.jpg

This sucker is brand new and came from the mazda house. It was meant for a mazdaspeed 3 but wound up in my hands after it sat on a shelf for 7 years.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update,

Rear suspension is in with the sway bar. I placed a washer made of stainless to reinforce the arm uploadfromtaptalk1437109279800.jpg

The hardest part thus far has been the front sway bar bushings and a cv axle that we cannot get to come out. We'll at leat half did. uploadfromtaptalk1437109379396.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1437109414362.jpg

Finally we don't believe in rust so the calipers and knuckles are getting some fresh paint. Here they are coated for rust priming

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
It is done! it took rope and one long pry bar but we managed to get the cv axle out and launch it across the yard.

I'm working on all the theoretical work to . uploadfromtaptalk1437457201758.jpg

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Valves!!!!!

Two of these suckers are waaaay out one by .5mm and the other by almost 8mm. Is there any trick to getting at these little suckers with out yanking the timming belt?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

We are working on the pipe that will run from the header to the turbo. The k04 had to be clocked which means..... external wastegate : ( . .... any ideas on which one to use?

1 - 20 of 80 Posts