Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car has these flat black pieces behind outside mirrors and also behind the rear windows (small triangular). Mine are really losing their luster over time, and I am wondering how to make them look good again.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Okay, short of spraying it.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Get some SVT side mirrors and color match! also those lil triangle pieces....i think they sell shiny overlays for them somewhere.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You want me to replace my SVT mirrors with SVT mirrors?

·
Registered
875 Posts
That, or you could take the mirror off and paint it to match your car. Or just order new mirrors like the ones you have now.

·
Registered
1,725 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am wondering not about the mirror itself, but the black piece on the car, which the mirror is mounted. A similar piece is used to complete the triangle at the rear section of the back windows.

·
all grown up
3,949 Posts
Yah...it's real shiny? There's this stuff called "blue luster" and it works great! If that don't work--maybe a coat of clear.

·
Registered
10 Posts
use this stuff myself. just what you're looking for.

BACK-TO-BLACK®

As your ride's exterior ages, rubber, plastic and vinyl exterior hardware of all colors will dry, crack, flake and deteriorate. This oxidation can be stopped and reversed with Mothers® Back-to-Black®, our favorite auto-care concoction. This trim treatment is great for all sorts of exterior hardware in all colors-bumpers, molding, louvers, window trim, vents, seals, skirts, door handles, wiper arms-anything that's plastic, rubber or vinyl. Apply Back-to-Black® to sun-burnt plastic, rubber and vinyl to revive the factory-new sheen, then re-treat that exterior hardware regularly.

#06108, 8 oz

1 - 9 of 9 Posts