Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've installed 2 break light flashers on my 2014 hatchback and both seemed to fail withing the first day and either blink sporadically or non stop fast blinking instead of the programmed 4 quick 3 slow then steady. At first I though it was a water proofing issue so I liquid tapped the second module b4 install. Still failed within 24 hours. Now they seem to work when the motor is off and key is on for some reason - some of the time. Then go back to blinking solid or spardically when engin is on.. To be clear they only activate when break is pushed "obviously" but just dont work as they have on other vehicles I own. Any ideas ?

·
Registered
258 Posts
I've installed 2 break light flashers on my 2014 hatchback and both seemed to fail withing the first day and either blink sporadically or non stop fast blinking instead of the programmed 4 quick 3 slow then steady. At first I though it was a water proofing issue so I liquid tapped the second module b4 install. Still failed within 24 hours. Now they seem to work when the motor is off and key is on for some reason - some of the time. Then go back to blinking solid or spardically when engin is on.. To be clear they only activate when break is pushed "obviously" but just dont work as they have on other vehicles I own. Any ideas ?
Try looking at these comments.

https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/mk3-focus/333137-installed-flashing-brake-light-module.html

·
Registered
258 Posts
The voltage for the rear lights drops when the engine is running. This is intentional from Ford.

You need to fit a relay to take power from another source that doesn't drop in voltage and send it to the fasher. Use the brake light wire to switch the relay on and off.

https://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?p=9902297
Signal Dynamics Back Off XP/Brake Light Signal Module 01004 This worked for me without any relay install.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts