Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Flasher or Load Equalizer

2065 Views 11 Replies 6 Participants Last post by  devil_dog_switch
Hey hey.

I want to get the LED lights that are white while they lights are solid, and amber when they flash. So it would be white as a driving light, but when I signal to turn they flash amber.

Since they're LEDs they will create the HYPERFLASH mode, no? You know.. where the blinker flashes at MACH5 speeds.

autolumination offers a flasher and a load balancer. The load equalizer splices right into the wire... but I already have the Halos spliced into the wire, and the car alarm is spliced in somewhere too. I just don't know if I want to cut into that same circuit AGAIN... much less if there will be any wire left if I do!

The flasher would plug in and simulate the right about of resistance to keep it from thinking a bulb is out. But from my searches -- I'm gathering that we don't have a signal flasher. Is this completely true? I know they're controlled by the hazard flasher... is that the same thing? Could I replace that with one of these LED flashers and get results? Am I way off?

Here's the link to the flashers/load equalizers. Clicky!!

They look like the relays in the engine bay... and I think that's where the hazard relay is (right next to the relay that controls the fog lights to do the fog-light-mod).

Any ideas?

Do you think the halo LEDs along with LED "bulbs" in my turn signals would create enough resistance? Probably still no, huh?
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1,995 Posts
I was searching for LEDs to replace all turn signal\brake\running lights and found a website that offered a flasher unit to use with the LEDs. I will have to look again and if I it I will post it.

· Registered
1,995 Posts
These guys have some useful information and have both the digital flasher units and the load resistors

http://www.superbrightleds.com/led_prods.htm

They also state that because some vehicles show a bulb out indicator that you will still need the load resistors, even with the digital flasher units. They several things as in your cruise control won't work and stuff like that.

Look them up.

· Registered
60 Posts
Okay, which is supposed to be the timed turn signal flasher for these cars on those sites?

To start, you need to find the part number for the current flasher. Right?
I went to all the local auto parts stores, they say the flasher is a dealer part.
I call the dealer and TWO GUYS took turns being baffled because they found no flasher listed for the '05.

Checked the shop manuals, can't find anything.

Traced the sound, but guess what, when you unplug the harness where the sound comes from it STILL FLASHES. The only time the flasher stops is when you remove the assembly with the turn signal stalk. But there is nothing that can be removed from there.

Is there something else that I'm missing? I was able to do this same job in my wife's Mustang in one minute. Why is this car giving me a headache?

Any help? Any pearls of wisdom? I'd be VERY appreciative! :)

· Registered
967 Posts
it is my experience that sometimes the hazrad relay and the flasher relay is one in the same. the relay just regulates the pattern, power.. but the switch tells the car what light to send that info to. so my GUESS is that attach it to that line and you should be fine. By no means am i for sure on that though, just my thougts... it's where i'd start.

but.. thank you for finally showing me what i've been looking for.. white/yellow lights.. i hate the yellow look.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.