Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching the internet all night. No one has information regarding this..

I WANT A TRACK TO TEST DRIVE MY FOCUS' LIMITS! lol That's basically it. I want a place to go and have fun with the family. I can't find any information on test driving my own car!!!

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
It's not that simple to do.

You need to hook up with a Club that does track day sessions with instruction to get your car on a Sports Course.

There isn't anywhere that just lets you go have fun with no restrictions.

Track time means car prep & getting it tech inspected, different brake pads are really needed, add a helmet that'll pass tech., get instruction at the track (classroom & ride along instructor before lapping with a beginner's group).

Drag is easier to find, open sessions are more common & take little to no prep.

For some fun & to see what the car can do, Auto-X is the best place to start. Only need a helmet or sometimes you can borrow for that.

Search SCCA in your area to find out when they run, it's a blast and the speeds are kept to about 60mph max for stock type cars to keep it safe.

Prep is limited to torquing your lugs, having a pump & gauge to add air to the tires, using whatever number system they use locally (might even just be shoe polish on the window) and cleaning all the junk out of the car.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Awesome. This is very good information. I used to do drag only with friends and it was never my vehicle. So now it's different. Over the next few years I'd like to get this Focie setup the right way.

I'll check prepping and tracks, I have a long history with clubs I'll contact them and see what I can come up with.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
If you've got buds in any clubs they can help hook you up.

Porsche clubs around here DO let other cars join in the fun when they have a track day event for example, and I've heard the BMW ones do as well. Went to a few Porsche club events with a friend (not all track ones) but I haven't tracked mine yet with them.

·
Super Moderator
9,525 Posts
Moved this to the regional section as you might find more people here to give you the adequate information that you need.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm looking to build the car into a rally or drift car. I know it's A LOT of modification but I want it to double as much as a daily driver as possible, too. So not much weight reduction will go on unless it's carbon fiber panels or fiber glass panels to replace the exterior metal ones.

Other than that I want the car to look great and feel great. I started making a list already of all the parts on FS Werks that I'd like to grab up.

I just want a track for now to get to know people here in FL.

I build websites and graphics for a living so maybe I can barter with guys and get into their clubs as a special vip or something. I used to do that all the time, make merchandise for clubs all over and help them sell it.

·
Deutsche Arsche
2,549 Posts
Sebring is probably the best ropad course in FL. Not too far of a drive from where you are. About 100 miles.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Gulf Coast Autocrossers put on a fine event near Lehigh Acres, includes lunch.

·
Registered
94 Posts
I do track days here a lot on my bike...

http://racepbir.com/

I think if you hook up with a club as mentioned that you could drive the road coarse or drag race there no problem. The road coarse is great. Tons of room, a back stretch over a half mile long and nearly seem less pavement.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Look up The F.I.R.M (Florida International Rally & Motorsports Park) The Florida International Rally & Motorsport Park

They do "open track days" once a month on a Saturday. 200 bucks and can pay a little extra and have an instructor ride with to teach you, which I highly recommend. It's a pretty nice track that is more technical than high speed. This is a really good option, since you don't have run with any certain club.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts