Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ZX3/ZX5 suspension pic request

Anybody on here running their Hitec kit (35mm front x 40mm rear)? I seem to remember that months ago Disturbed ZX3 was running this, but I do not know if he is still around here. I have also searched for this on here already and found nothing. I had the Hitec kit on my old Jetta (60mm x 40mm) and loved it. Just wondering if anyone has experience with it on the Focus.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ok, so no one has anything. Why don't we make this a ZX3 pic post of your suspension set ups. Please post a photo of your ZX3 and list what suspension you are running.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
i have it. i think it's great quality for the price. the ride height is just right IMO, and it's comfortable going down the road. only complaint is that the spring is a little too soft. i've had rubbing issues with a lot of weight in the back and i know the guys that are running the eibach setup don't have this problem. here's some pics:

http://focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=3612

btw, the cheapest place i know of to get this kit is at www.zx3tuning.com. call 'em up and ask if the "club focus" deal is still going on. you get everything for $350 shipped! i got mine in less than a week, too. you don't even have to be a clubfocus member (although i recommend checking out their website for more pics since a lot of people over there used this deal. www.clubfocus.net). if you head over to clubfocus and check out their "for sale" section, you should find a sticky on the FK stuff.

Good luck,

Mike

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone else want to show there lowered ZX3/ZX5 and what they are running suspension wise?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
people have tried posts like these before with minimal success. you're best bet is to search the showroom, find one you like, and PM the owner with questions about his/her setup. that's what i did.

Mike

·
Sückn' n Blown
7,747 Posts

H&R 1.5" Sport Springs
Koni Adjustible dampers
Progress 22mm rear sway bar

·
Registered
344 Posts
has anyone swapped their stock zx3 suspension for the svt suspension? i know the svt is not the "best" available especially when given the option of installing any new suspension, but it is better than the stock ride i have now, and maybe more economical compared to aftermarket kits, and i am not looking for an extreme race suspension, i would simply want to go through the twisties faster and with better control. i might go aftermarket, but i am not too familiar with all the options offered by each company. if i were to lower the car i would go 1" ideally, maybe1.5" , i don't want to lower my car to the point where i am scraping speed bumps, or rubbing tires, and i live in northern california where the roads are fine for the twisties, but it is still the mountains, and i get all sorts of debris falling down onto the road. i can use what clearance i have already. wheel size/tires? i have 15" now, i am thinking on going no larger than 17", but maybe only 16", it would depend on the wheel/suspension combination. anyone have some suggestions?

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
SVT swap will get you about .75-1 inch. it's a good way to go on the budget. anything up to about 1.5" will still leave you plenty of clearance to get over speed bumps and whatnot.

Mike

·
Registered
344 Posts
yeah, that's what i am thinking, that the svt swap would be the most bang for the buck. thanks for your feedback, whiteboyslo.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts