Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Awhile back i purchased Projector headlights from SVTGuy and when i received them they were broken, the middle tab on the passenger light was broken off and the top tab on the drivers side was broken off but the pieces were in the box. The box he shipped them in was mashed up ace ventura style [?|] anyways i kinda set the headlights off to the side in my garage and well tonite my brother was looking at them and said i should try using an epoxy stick to fix them and told me to check walmart. so has anybody ever used this stuff? and think it will work? it's only 3 bucks but i figured i'd ask before wasting money on something i might not need.

·
Registered
8,262 Posts
A good two-part epoxy should work, assuming you let it fully cure before installing the lights. However, in my experience a two-part epoxy repair job never lasts and you'll end up regluing the tabs again and again. Given that you only lost one tab on each light, you should be OK...Focus headlights have three bolts and it seems that as long as you have two of the three its fine.

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
If you can fiberglass over the top that will add a lot of strength to it, and probably look better than bondo, but either will help a lot.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts