Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had my back windshield busted out about 2 weeks ago and got it replaced, yet peices of glass fell inside of the little section where the seat belts retract. The back passanger side belt is pulled all of the way out and will not retract now. How do I gain access to it to clean it out of the glass and just fix the belt retrator thingy in general?

I also kinda noticed this. The screws dont really hold anything down... are they just for show or something...?[???:)]

·
Registered
114 Posts
i'm not sure what kind of car you have, but i just ripped the plastic in my back end out and exposed the upper seatbelt mechanisms for the back seat. there is one screw that you have to remove below the plastic pieces, but the cover mostly slides into place. the mechanism itself is very open, so it shouldn't be hard to get at any glass that might be in there.

let us know what we are trying to help you with. for all i know, your talking about a cavalier or something.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Its a 2003 Ford Focus Sedan. I will take a picture once I find out what my wife did with the digital camera and show you what my problem is.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Sounds like a new seatbelt too me. If you have the time and patients go ahead and take it apart but just remember there are springs inside and if you dont pay close attention....BAM just gonna shot all over the place good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts