Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a pair of Brembos from an STi that I would like to fit on my SVT. Without much research it seems that I'll need to space the wheels out almost a half inch or 12.7mm.

My car is lowered about 2" and the only way for me to space out that much is if I roll the fenders but I really didn't want to. I'm not sure if all the SVT wheels are the same but I have the EAP style.

I ask you guys what my options are:
Different wheels, raise the car with spring rubbers, etc...

Let me know what you guys think....oh btw not installing them is not the answer I'm looking for.[;)]

Thanks.....

-John

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
You need to do a whole lot more research before doing this. There are countless variables beyond clearance issues. Each caliper is designed to sweep a certain diameter rotor and a specific thickness of rotor. Are SVT rotors identical in size and width as an STI one? Calipers also take into account the weight of the car to determine how much force and proportioning the caliper will have or apply. An STI is quite a bit heavier than a Focus and the weight is distributed quite differently as well. Mixing and matching a rotor and caliper is not that easy and should not be done unless its a proven match. Its unlikely the change in calipers will result in any significant (meaningful) braking improvements. In fact it could make things worse.

·
Registered
703 Posts
you cant just go swapping parts from one car to another, specially a whole other make/model. what you are suggesting could prove to be very dangerous if not done correctly.

please take geezer's advice, because otherwise, i think the only answer you NEED to receive, is the one you dont want to hear.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Both of you guys are correct, but what is different between the STI calipers and say a BB kit? or even using Bear fronts from a Ford Mustang? When I said research I meant in regards to fitment not engineering. I understand the whole task at hand and I'm not looking to "just go swapping" parts and hope things work.

I should maybe reword my question, what are my options to fitting a BB KIT behind SVT wheels? spacers, rolling fenders, etc....

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No one[:0]
come on, someone has to have done BB kit.

-John

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
i dont see why it couldnt work. its very smart since you could probably find them in junkyard for cheap! If you do end up doing it, make sure you create a very good "How To" so people can follow. You will probably need larger wheels like focus sport is always putting on when they do brembo brake kits. Just get the same wheels they use as they know what fits.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts