Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As a new Ford A Plan owner and stock holder, I want to do my part in providing feedback to my friends Bill and J regarding opportunity for improvement. While I dont want to start any talk that could hurt sales and future programs, I still want to share my perceptions as a Honda/Porsche guy who recently changed brands. We are dong the same for my Wif's new Fiat 500 for Chrysler.

So please, share with me your quality concerns. Copy and paste the list and add a check mark next to the issues your car suffers from or add a now issue at the bottom of the list

For instance:

Blinker fluid leaking over Dylithium chamber IIII
Smallpox Box cracked upon deliver I
Simple Sync speaks only in Russian
Rear window rattles when broken IIII

So here is my list so far:
Drivers side HVAC vent and headlight control does not stay in correct position
Imperfection in paint or sheetmetal center roof behind moonroof
Rear hatch misalligned (crooked) rubber pad missing
Clunking in front suspension when driving over bumps
Drivers side splash shield in wheel well always pops out of facia lip
Rattle from passenger side door.

·
Registered
747 Posts
If you want to report issues you should use facebook or twitter or just call customer service. This isn't a ford forum so although you can tell us we can't do anything about it where as those other outlets can. Depends on what your goal is.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
My blinker fluid was below the 'fill' mark upon delivery. I insisted they fill it properly before I left the dealership. They filled it, but were having a hard time not busting out laughing.. [hihi]
I asked them if the muffler bearings were also stainless steel, and they assured me the exhaust system was "100% stainless steel".
I didn't get a dilithium chamber.. it was decontented by the time my car was built. [bigcry]
And I never saw the optional smallpox box listing. darn. I definitely would have gotten one! [unsure][confused][bigcry]
My Sync speaks English, however, apparently I do not! As my Sync cannot understand a single command i speak.

I am getting happier with my new 2012 Focus every day... I just stand and gaze at it after i park it. I am in LOVE.

About the only thing i want to adjust is the seat back, Probably get some sort of driver's seat cover, and add an inch of foam to the seat back, to move my head away from the headrest.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
My blinker fluid was below the 'fill' mark upon delivery. I insisted they fill it properly before I left the dealership. They filled it, but were having a hard time not busting out laughing.. [hihi]
I asked them if the muffler bearings were also stainless steel, and they assured me the exhaust system was "100% stainless steel".
I didn't get a dilithium chamber.. it was decontented by the time my car was built. [bigcry]
And I never saw the optional smallpox box listing. darn. I definitely would have gotten one! [unsure][confused][bigcry]
My Sync speaks English, however, apparently I do not! As my Sync cannot understand a single command i speak.

I am getting happier with my new 2012 Focus every day... I just stand and gaze at it after i park it. I am in LOVE.

About the only thing i want to adjust is the seat back, Probably get some sort of driver's seat cover, and add an inch of foam to the seat back, to move my head away from the headrest.
Tell me you at least had the Flux Capacitor installed.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Tell me you at least had the Flux Capacitor installed.
No. The dealer said it was NOT a dealer installed option.
I could have gotten one if i wanted to order my car. But delivery might have been delayed. i took the car i found in stock.
Pity.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
If you want to report issues you should use facebook or twitter or just call customer service. This isn't a ford forum so although you can tell us we can't do anything about it where as those other outlets can. Depends on what your goal is.
Agreed. This is simply intended to serve as a collection place for common areas for improvement I can present to behind the scenes connections.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have heard the headrest complaint very often as well. It seems Ford wants you to fall asleep so that you are less likely to get whiplash in a collision.
Part false and part truth..

·
Registered
171 Posts
I'm not all that thrilled with the placement of drivers side AC vents. I like my AC to hit me in the face not on my hands.

Steering wheel buttons for interface don't have a sleep mode and I like to place my wrists through the wheel when cruising but I keep mashing buttons.

Rear deck lid for my hatch keeps popping off the lower track when I open/close the hatch.

I'd like the USB and Line in placement to be somewhere else. It demands I use the arm rest for only USB devices.

I have no where to place my iPhone and wallet aside from the arm rest.

Arm rest is too far back and hard to see in since it's black inside.

Foam in trunk surrounding Spare tire isn't functional. If it was plastic/ shallower/ compartmentalized it could be used as storage. I'd like to keep flares, jumper cables.. etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts