Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if the Fiesta ST Rotors will fit on a MK3 Focus? Also, if there is a benefit?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
Does anyone know if the Fiesta ST Rotors will fit on a MK3 Focus? Also, if there is a benefit?
100% will not fit. The Fiesta ST uses a 4x108 mm bolt pattern for the lug studs where as the Focus uses a 5x108 mm bolt pattern.

Never mind the Fiesta ST front rotors are the same 10.9" as the base MK3.

The rears are 0.3" larger as it's at 10.9" all around for the Fiesta ST and 10.6" rear for the Focus and Focus ST.

On the other hand getting the caliper brackets, dust shields and calipers (essentially the front brake hardware) for a Focus ST up front you can upgrade to a 12.6" or 13.1" front rotor set up.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you very much that helps out a bunch! :)

·
Registered
343 Posts
100% will not fit. The Fiesta ST uses a 4x108 mm bolt pattern for the lug studs where as the Focus uses a 5x108 mm bolt pattern.

Never mind the Fiesta ST front rotors are the same 10.9" as the base MK3.

The rears are 0.3" larger as it's at 10.9" all around for the Fiesta ST and 10.6" rear for the Focus and Focus ST.

On the other hand getting the caliper brackets, dust shields and calipers (essentially the front brake hardware) for a Focus ST up front you can upgrade to a 12.6" or 13.1" front rotor set up.
If I were to source the parts for this, could any brake shop do the work or is this something I would need to find someone experienced / willing for?

·
Focus Addict
14,132 Posts
If I were to source the parts for this, could any brake shop do the work or is this something I would need to find someone experienced / willing for?
Theoretically with the correct components it should be the same fundamentally as changing to an aftermarket BBK just using O.E. parts.

You'll have to have a note/ reminder somewhere in the car for when it goes into service again afterwards for the brakes that it used the ST front brakes or something, but the initial swap should not be beyond any brake technician.

In practice you'll want to make sure it's done properly of course.

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
I'd say a good independent or sports/performance oriented shop.

Your average chain store may not want to touch anything that isn't stock.

(PM me if you need one sometime Mr.N, got one I trust for anything in the area)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts