Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little disappointed having to take my Ti in already. Just a little over 1K. Going to lunch yesterday a loud motor like grinding noise emitting from center of the dash with varying degrees of loudness. No warning lights and everything seemed okay but since I was very close to a Ford dealer, pulled in and let the service writer hear it. He had no idea. I suspect it is the fan keeping the MTF cool. If it is, wonder what the chances of having a replacement part. This is bringing back bad memories of my 2008 Sport Trac. 12 times for issues with the ABS braking system. Hope to get some good news tomorrow. Driving my bride's Highlander. Really miss my Ti. The Highlander is so boring to drive. Zero fun factor.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
a fan for MFT? that guy already sounds like a moron, good luck
You just called the OP an idiot. And it IS a carputer... it should have a fan, but I don't think it's gonna all be right behind the center stack, that's just the CD player and the display.

·
Registered
747 Posts
You just called the OP an idiot. And it IS a carputer... it should have a fan, but I don't think it's gonna all be right behind the center stack, that's just the CD player and the display.
my bad. misread that original post a bit. anywho, myford touch is about as advanced as an old windows phone so i'd be very surprised if it had any fan to speak of unless that lcd puts out a crap ton of heat.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
It doesn't need a fan, just as a mobile phone (even with a 1 GHz processor) doesn't need a fan.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Uh. Given how hot the interior, and engine compartment, of a car can get it most likely has a fan. Even a 600mhz computer can burn out from heat.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Put a large enough heat sink on and nothing needs a fan!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I know how you feel. Had to take my car in with only 600 miles on it to have both front wheel bearings replaced. Took them a week because Ford was changing bearing manufacturers.... But yes I know how you feel about it. Mine was making this horrid whining noise that would fade in and out as you drove, and would vary with speed.

·
Registered
207 Posts
I know how you feel. Had to take my car in with only 600 miles on it to have both front wheel bearings replaced. Took them a week because Ford was changing bearing manufacturers.... But yes I know how you feel about it. Mine was making this horrid whining noise that would fade in and out as you drove, and would vary with speed.
how it the car now? any other issues you've experienced?

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Something had moved in the dash to rub the ac blower fan. All seems fine now. I purchased the car from a different dealer and the dealer doing the work seemed to be giving me the chilly reception with the service folks I interacted with.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts