Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Driving home tonight, I happen to run over what seemed to be a tool box!!!

I was driving home on pitch black gravel roads. I already blew a headlight bulb a couple nights ago so I couldn't seen on the passenger side of the road that well. All of the sudden BANG!!!!

I continued to drive thinking I just ran some can over that banged around under my car a bit. Well, I was wrong...

My car slowly started drifting towards the side of the road where I than came to a complete stop. Getting out of my car, I found a torque wrench (I have always wanted one) sticking out of my tire. Unbeliveable!!! It has bent the lip of my rim pretty bad too. I don't think the rim is even salvagable. I already have to get a new tire...this one is completely shredded, but a rim to?! damn...what a way to start my last weekend before spring classes start [bash] [bigcry] [bigcry] [thumbd] [xx(] [nutkick] [:(]

I did get a torque wrench though...lol Craftsman...looks brand new

So that is what i will be doing tomorrow...getting a new tire and ordering a new rim...

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
how the heck does a torque wrench get stuck in the tire?? that is definitely a first!!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't know of the heck it happen lol i was totally shocked to when i looked at it...i didn't even get a good look at it until i got home becuase i was out in the middle of no where

i'm glad my spare wasn't flat lol i just pumped it up actually like a week or two ago

the one thing that i wish ford would upgrade is the jack...that base was so small on that thing, it just kept sinking into the gravel when i would try to lift the fofo up

·
Premium Member
7,348 Posts
WOW! Man, you have to have the worst luck with cars over anybody I have ever seen.

·
Registered
459 Posts
Throw the torque wrench in the trash. After something like that, it's junk. After every drop from over ~3 feet, any calibrated unit needs to be re-checked. You'll spend more fixing it then you would just buying a new one!

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
lol sorry, this might be off topic but hey, i figure i wrote the thread so what the heck...

I was driving home from a buddies house and I was stopped at a stop light and a car slid out of no where behind me, fish tailed and barely missed my car. We had an ice storm earlier today so it's like a giant ice rink out there...

See, I'm not ALL bad luck guys haha

·
Registered
666 Posts
WOW! Man, you have to have the worst luck with cars over anybody I have ever seen.
No... Having a honda engine crap out at you in june, buying another honda only to have it's transmission crap out on you new years eve, exactly 6 months after the other car died... then buying a focus, only to be stranded on the side of the road with a bent rim 3 days after driving off the dealership parking lot...

I think I've got it worse because at least he got a nice torque wrench.

[thankyou]

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
wow. that sucks. sounds like my luck

·
Registered
25,627 Posts
Guys, I hate to be the mean one here, but it wasn't bad luck...Driving with a headlight out, maybe if the headlight was working you would have seen the toolbox???

Glad nothing else happened. Stock rim or something nice??? If its stock.Junkyard FTW!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts