Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
836 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been meaning to save a data log and get to Tom for the better part of a year now. I have never done this before and could use some pointers.
First, I assume that my predator will do all the work/ walk me through it, correct??
Second, once I am all hooked up and ready to record, then what? Sit there and let it run at idle or go out and drive? How long should I go?
Anything else I might need to know?

Thanks
Kal

·
Registered
596 Posts
plug in sct flasher into obd2 for data logging i assume = 3 minute idle w/no engine revving, just idle. 5 min. cruise, no WOTl and then 1 min idle after 5 min cruise with no revving the engine, is that correct. then just hook up the sct flash and download it on the pc and print out my results. Should I do tihis more than once. Should that give you a good reference to tune the car. I moved from Memphis to DFW and have noticed a peformance difference. I have a kn typhoon cai, 67mm t/b, b/s delete, F2 v.3 header with 2.5 inch magnaflow exhaust. other parts i have wont increase power, but I would like to put in crower stg 1 cams and cam gears, keep the stock clutch and put in a t2 torsion diff. do you think I should hit the 170whp or would i need more enigne work? if so what else would be needed, but keep in mind I don't want to lose my mpg's to much. all my bolt ons and other stuff is in my profile. oh yeah I am in the low to mid 150's whp/tq now. thanks tom and give me a price on the tune. I have an sct fllasher. on the back is the model number of 3000 sct, whatever that means. once again thanks tom. oh I have a job now so i can finally do this stuffl. Oh yeah if I get the stg 1 crower cams should I get the upgraded springs and retainers? I want the redline to be at 7K rpm. This is my every day driver, but I live close to Texas Motor Speedway and they let the publice come out and run their cars so I will occasionally be out there doing that.

·
FF Affiliate
31,100 Posts
I would go with the Comp stg 3 cams , adj cam gears , SVT maf/intake and injectors

I charge 150.00 for my custom tune and FREE updates as you add more NA mods

Tom

·
Registered
596 Posts
I would go with the Comp stg 3 cams , adj cam gears , SVT maf/intake and injectors

I charge 150.00 for my custom tune and FREE updates as you add more NA mods

Tom
Comp stg 3, adjustable cam gears and svt maf/intake and injectors for an ST? I already have the kn typhoon cai installed. what will the comp stg 3 cams do in terms of my mpg's or power? I am looking them up now..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts