Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bout to do the clutch on my 03 svt I know it's gonna be a pain in the ass but do you guys have any insight on making this job any easier or make it go as smooth as possible. Is it easier to pull the motor since I'm doing it with out a lift. I'm pretty good working on cars but this is the first time I ever had to do a clutch

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
I'd remove the trans, over removing the motor. I could see removing the motor if your resealing or doing motor work, in this case so much easier to remove the trans. What clutch kit are you installing? Flywheel?

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The luk rep set I believe 07-175 I've read a lot about what clutch to go with and seems like everyone does that one saw on a couple posts that it's a waste of money to do a stage 2 with light weight flywheel if u don't plan on boosting so I just went with the rep set

·
w/ my magic bag
29,453 Posts
Sounds great, just to mention take your time on lining up the bolt holes on the flywheel, it only fits one way, have to rotate it so the bolt holes line up. Be a good idea to add a little dab of threadloc on the bolt threads.

·
Registered
357 Posts
Disconnect PS lines, will make it a lot less of a headache.

Drop subframe a bit (hang 6 inches down using straps) to get more clearance.

Just brace engine up using 2x6 boards from strut to strut.

When putting new flywheel bolts, may need a tool that holds flywheel by their teeth to keep it from spinning. I just put a socket wrench with breaker bar on the crank pulley and braced on the ground.

Bench bleed the slave cylinder before putting in, makes bleeding once assembled a LOT easier.
NOTE: may not get a perfect bleed after a lot of bleeding. Just take her down and drive it, the deal pressure shows up somehow.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts