Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attended my first track event last night. Had some fun! Wasn't fast at all, but I'd have to say I had one of the coolest sounding 4 bangers there. But anyways, I drive a 2003 ZX5 with the ATX. Makes for a slow combination, but hey, it's fun!

Video:

·
Registered
11,752 Posts
I'm jealous of you bro! wish we had a drag strip closer to me.

However slow you were, I bet it was a cool learning experience.

Now, ahem, let's get that ATX outta there and throw an MTX-75 in that thing!

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm jealous of you bro! wish we had a drag strip closer to me.

However slow you were, I bet it was a cool learning experience.

Now, ahem, let's get that ATX outta there and throw an MTX-75 in that thing!
It was a cool experience. We do need to get that auto out! Once it starts giving me a hard time I'll consider it. For now, possibly a tune can help tighten it up a bit and hopefully I'll be in the 16's.

·
Old Phart
44,596 Posts
ATX isn't tragic for the Drags, most 'real" drag cars run one.

Might not want to beat on it tooo hard, but you can try revving it a bit with the brake on before releasing that to take off.

(Engine reaches a "stall speed" for the converter for a max. rpm when at a stop)

This isn't the same as "dumping" it into gear at high rpm from neutral, DON'T try that!

·
It's just a Focus.
5,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ATX isn't tragic for the Drags, most 'real" drag cars run one.

Might not want to beat on it tooo hard, but you can try revving it a bit with the brake on before releasing that to take off.

(Engine reaches a "stall speed" for the converter for a max. rpm when at a stop)

This isn't the same as "dumping" it into gear at high rpm from neutral, DON'T try that!

That's what I did, I used the brakes to build up some revs. I NEVER have done a neutral drop.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts