Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How you doing guys? Got a question. I just picked up my 2004 2.3 ZX3 about a week ago and am looking for a "catback" that doesn't require me to cut a cat off. Anyone know of any systems out there that will allow me to keep them both? Also having a hard time locating a short shifter for the 2.3 aswell. Any help would be cool. Thanks.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Just the Magnafow right now, but Borla is supposed to be redesigning theirs to have both cats. The Magnaflow looks like a good product all stainless and it is cheap @ 309 I have been hesitating day to day cause Im pretty broke right now but it is looking like a must have Just wish there was a dyno on this stuff for the pzev.

·
Registered
847 Posts
Steeda has a short throw shifter, if that's what you wanted... Focus Central I think has a plain short shifter.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Magnaflow for the catback. Steeda makes a short-throw shifter, along with Focus Central and even B&M makes one now. The shifter would be the 2002.5 and newer version. The B&M part number is 45158 and is listed on their site: http://www.bmracing.com/ under "New Products"

·
Registered
78 Posts
So I went to Speedway Muffler like Venom said and got a custom catback with a sebring muffler. Its great! cost 214 out the door thats like half what it would cost for buying the lowest priced one I could find- after shipping tax and paying to have it installed. I had kind of a big tip put on it thats kind of ghetto but you know you want something to show. The best thing was I didnt have to wait just called and went over and they did it. my sensative ass dyno detects a real gain and the sound track is now perfect-but might be too Quiet for some. and I was able to take that gay chrome tailpipe cover off put it on my girlfriends 03 focus sedan I told her it would get her to work quicker it magic yknow?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts