Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my new Focus on Wed. Aug 10. I got a SEL hatch in Red Candy Metallic with the Black Leather Interior. The options I got were:
1.) 302A Premium package (No MFT)
2.) Winter package.
3.) Power Moonroof

Early Thoughts:
1.) Sync takes some getting used to. I'm a computer engineer by trade so I'm used to working with technology, but it still takes a while to get all the voice command memorized (Kind of like the verbal equivalent of learning a new lightweight scripting language).

2.) The car feels very solid and substantial - Not really like a small car. The ride is quiet and pretty refined.

3.) Got the six speaker setup. Decent sound. The volume control could be a little finer between steps (ie. changing the volume from 5-6 seems to really change the volume more than I expected.)

4.) To fit my golf clubs in the hatch with out folding down the seats, I have to remove the longer clubs from the bag (Driver, 3-metal, 5-metal) and lay the longer clubs in at a 30 degree angle to get them to fix. Guess I should have measured first !!! I can get the clubs in the back so thats all the really matters.

5.) Still learning about the car. Will post more later.

·
Registered
239 Posts
2.) The car feels very solid and substantial - Not really like a small car. The ride is quiet and pretty refined.
Agreed, handling is definitely the best point about this car.

The volume control could be a little finer between steps (ie. changing the volume from 5-6 seems to really change the volume more than I expected.)
Oh, this, so much! I really hope that if the MFD gets an update ever, this is one bug that is fixed. The increment between 5 and 6 is ridiculous. It definitely doesn't appear linear.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Well it's better either way than my Mazda was, so I'm happy. The step up in volume levels on that car was ridiculous!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Welcome ca45006. I have the exact same vehicle except for the exterior color. Mine is White Platinum Tri-Coat Metallic.

And I agree with all your comments. I have had problems getting my cell phone to pair with SYNC and the owners manual doesn't have very much useful information regarding commands and how to use SYNC.

The best part of owning my new Focus is the fantastic fuel economy. With almost 3,000 miles on the odo now, my last 2 tanks (70% hwy/30% city) have been over 38 MPG.

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
Agreed, handling is definitely the best point about this car.
I still don't understand when people say it has too much body roll. I've pushed mine through some turns more so than I would've ever thought to in my last car and the stability is just absolutely amazing for an "economy" sedan.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I still don't understand when people say it has too much body roll. I've pushed mine through some turns more so than I would've ever thought to in my last car and the stability is just absolutely amazing for an "economy" sedan.
I think it is all relative. I don't even have the Ti handling package and I think the handling is excellent. It has considerably more body roll than I was used to in my VW though. It also rides much better. I'm fairly pleased with the compromise, but I might consider some thicker anti-roll bars and slightly stiffer springs at some point. I just don't want to destroy the ride in the process.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Oh, this, so much! I really hope that if the MFD gets an update ever, this is one bug that is fixed. The increment between 5 and 6 is ridiculous. It definitely doesn't appear linear.
Count me in as one more user who is bothered by the volume jump between those two tics. Did you hear somewhere that this bug IS fixed in the next release or are you just hoping?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Not sure about the people complaining of body roll. I've taken turns about at the limit of the car and the body hasn't rolled at *all* (I'd say around 30-35mph for a somewhat shallow 90-degree bend).

I'm using the full sport suspension...but I test drove an SE before I bought this car that had the base suspension and it still felt pretty tight.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Body roll isn't massive for a car mainly designed for comfort. The handling is on par with the majority in this class but still feels a bit loose when pushing it. Maybe over power steered? Gets put to shame by my old astra though...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Is yours the new Candy Red paint code? If so, please post some pictures, thanks!
Yes, mine is the new Candy Red Metallic. I would post pictures, but I haven't figured out how to do it. The Insert Image button wants a link. I'm not sure how to get the pictures out of a folder on my computer and onto the site.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts