Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive been on focus fanatics since january, but these are the first shots of my car on the forum. A little info on me and the zx3... my names Danny, im 19, and I saved up like 2 years working at a family owned resturant (Hibar!) to buy this car. Its a 01 ZX3 in Malibu Blue. I picked her up for $3,500 in Febuary, 100% stock w/ 43,XXX miles on it [thumb] . I have always heard bad things about Ford cars, but I decided what the hell, why not? I bought the car and at first I had a little trouble with her, but now everythings straight.

The car was suppose to be my commuter to work and college, and I was going to keep her stock, but looking at cars on the forum, I couldnt resist. So far I just purchased some SVT rims, and my KYB AGX shocks, and Eibach sport springs are on the way. In june Im hoping to pick up the RS Collection front, and order the SVT rear bumper. Anyways... here are some pics of the car ( Im having trouble picking a name for her... any suggestions?). oh yeah... the engine mods wont be coming until the fall, because I want to see how much I make over summer.

Two days after buying her

I hated the pinstripes

So I decided to take them off [:D]

After 3 months of owning her (Got that dent in the rear quarter panel first day of spring semester... stupid vandals)

Last but not least, the new wheels for the 4x4

Painted them myself! Looks pretty good huh? So FF what do you think?[thumb]

·
BAD EGG
7,418 Posts
Love the wheels, that's pimp! [thumb]

·
Registered
200 Posts
The SVT rims really offset the car well... Good job

Very nice price on the focus... You can always negotiate on the price, never pay what the dealer suggests...

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
looks good to me always like the before and after pics

·
MyCarBreaksAlot
8,609 Posts
Nice color, man.

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
Congrats!! nice buy... keep bringing the mods!

·
Registered
147 Posts
*** WARNING *** The Surgeon General has determined that modding your car is more addictive than cocaine!!!

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
wow looks really good, you rarly see the light blue, and those wheels, glad you did a close up shot, those look seriously high quality.[thumb] How easy was it to paint them, my stock 16s are still in good shape, just they starting to get that nasty stuff on the inside that doesnt want to go away, so maybe ill paint them gunmetal or something.

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
it looks good...keep up the good work...post pics of the drop when you get it

·
Registered
591 Posts
i love it what color you paint those wheels?? I need to do that!! turned otu great! [thumb]

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
DrkKnight614 said:
wow looks really good, you rarly see the light blue, and those wheels, glad you did a close up shot, those look seriously high quality.[thumb] How easy was it to paint them, my stock 16s are still in good shape, just they starting to get that nasty stuff on the inside that doesnt want to go away, so maybe ill paint them gunmetal or something.
svtfocus17 said:
i love it what color you paint those wheels?? I need to do that!! turned otu great! [thumb]
Thanks for all the complimants! Its called dupli color wheel paint. Its the gunmetal color. It was pretty easy to do.

heres a small how to

Supplies:
Dupli Color Gun Metal WHEEL paint 3 Cans
Duplicolor clear coat
Simple Green
320 grit sand paper
Microfiber towels

Steps
1. Sand each rim with 320 grit sand paper (wet or dry)
2. Clean off rim with simple crean and sponge
3. Dry rim
4. Spray 2 light coats of paint within 10 minutes of each other
5. Spray the 3rd coat medium of the paint, let sit for 1 hour
6. Repeat steps 4 & 5 with the clear coat. Let it sit up to 3hrs before you handle the rim
7. The can says it takes 7 days to cure
8. They say to use a compound to give it extra shine after the 7 days

Good luck with it

·
Registered
4,340 Posts
I have a name for your car. How about Maliblue, lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts