2.) Royal Purple Transmission Fluid
3.) Motorcraft Spark Plugs
4.) Stock Air-Box & Snorkel
5.) Ford Racing Short Throw Shifter
6.) Taylor Plug Wires
7.) EBC Brake Pads
8.) EBC Brake Rotors
9.) Russell Stainless Steel Brake Lines

Second round of mods will probably be in the spring.

1.) Tune from Tom
2.) Throttle Body

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
I would go with an AEM cold air in your second round.

·
Registered
163 Posts
you can actually modify your snorkel to be better, if you look at your radiator shroud, theres a piece that kind of blocks air flow to your snorkel, take teh shroud off, also, take the little s piece on teh side of, find something that wont let air come in from there, that will help a little with heat absorption, and it will make your air box pull harder, id try and find some smooth pipe instead of that plastic crinkle shit that runs from your tb to your maf, and hell, i think that would be almost better than the CAI and a whole hella lot cheaper

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
I don't recommend the AEM CAI... I had to pull over in NJ on a trip down from NH to VA b/c it was sucking up water and it wasn't even raining that hard...

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will not be installing a CAI or RAI on my car.

It currently has a K&N RAI and I am taking it off.

Thanks for all the tips!

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
You got a good start going there.

·
Registered
806 Posts
cai + bypass = ftw

·
Registered
9,084 Posts
There's not really a good place to put a bypass valve without cutting another break in the intake pipe. You can always add a slight upward bend at the bottom of the CAI to keep it away from water and still get nice cool air.

·
Registered
806 Posts
yea, theres plenty of stuff you can do to avoid hydrolock. smart move though, pulling over is what I always do too.

·
Registered
2,257 Posts
yea, theres plenty of stuff you can do to avoid hydrolock. smart move though, pulling over is what I always do too.
A bypass valve wouldn't of helped too.. the bogging I was getting was due to the maf getting wet... - actually had a good puff of smoke come out the back.

I'll never go back to a AEM CAI unless it's completely shielded.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
A bypass valve wouldn't of helped too.. the bogging I was getting was due to the maf getting wet... - actually had a good puff of smoke come out the back.

I'll never go back to a AEM CAI unless it's completely shielded.

A lot of CAI do that, my Focus Sport one was horrible, the filter(ITG) was like a sponge and soaked and held the water in there. I installed a Cossy CAI and that was decent, didnt have the spongy filter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts