Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Congrats Dave....I am still trying to beat my brake drum into submission and off my car. Its winning right now, may just give up and let a shop deal with it. How was the event?

·
Registered
471 Posts
Congrats goes out to Dave....

Garick, have the nut to the drum off but leave the wheel on. It gives you more leverage. Just a little trick I learned at work.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't know...Tried pretty much everything including pulling, kicking and pounding it with the wheel on.
Can you tell me for sure that there is no adjuster cam accessible from the outside of the drum?

·
Registered
471 Posts
It's a self-adjusting system. The adjuster is a weird design. There is no real way to unadjust it I've found. You could also take the spindle part out that the bearing rides on just to give you more room to move the drum. At least GM tapers the lip of their drums (at least on the newer Cavaliers)....

·
Capital Obvious
2,562 Posts
Thanks guys. The event was pretty good. Only 45 entries showed. Ran thinks a little different. Ran 3 runs then worked while the other group ran 3 runs. Hopfully more show at the next event. I did get a small chunk ripped out of one of my treads from the ruff surface though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts