Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's say I have about $500 to spend......right now I don't but soon will. How would you spend it. Tune and ORP, Tune and sts....any other combinations of things or just one mod? Just looking for suggestions.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oooops, forgot......I see that focus-central has polyurethane rear engine mounts for $19.95....is this just the bushings or is it the whole thing like the VF version which is $99 if i'm not mistaken.....please correct me if I am wrong on this. Which one would you guys get, I have access to any equipment needed as I have two uncles that have pretty nice shops behind their house....one of which totally rebuilds cars himself.......totally restored a 69 camaro SS himself.....dropped a 454 big block in it built exactly how he wanted it (because he built it up himself) and threw a nitrous system on it also.....very nice show car. So he can help me install it if there are issues with difficulty between the two.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Those are just the bushings, which is what I have, their not very hard to install in the factory dog-bone, I did it without a vise. I would get those, a STS and a tune. BTW, got to C-F-M.com for the inserts, they are only 15 bucks there, that's where I bought mine.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts

·
Registered
777 Posts
Id say STS and a Tune...
Tune is gonna get you the most noticeable increase, even on a stock application.

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jay...can you tell me the performance increase or advantage of one of those compared to the other. I have the money, but when it comes down to it, I had rather spend $15 instead of $70.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
I haven't had the chance to try the snubber, but I like the way my car feels with the inserts. I think you will feel less engine vibration from the inserts but the snubber would probably inhibit engine movement better. If you go with the inserts, and want something stiffer later, you can get the snubber and only be out $22 (that includes shipping cost) and you can still keep the factory mount with the inserts should you want to go back with it if you sell the car and then sell the snubber on here.

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Just keep in mind svt-geek that an ORP replaces the cat and it is a federal offence to remove the cat and carries hefty fines if you are caught without the cat on your car. A lot of people on here have them but I would never put one on my car..... just in case you are considering one :)

·
Registered
11,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for all the advice. I figured a tune would be the most suggested first mod but didn't know after that. I'm not particularly worried about the ORP around here but if I do go on a trip it might be different, so I might decide against that. I'll probably order the poly inserts for the rear engine mount this week and see how that goes since they're only about $20.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'd love to do a tune, but first I had to replace my rear bumper cover thanks to a little old lady in a rotted out minivan.........

Just waiting for sand to wash off the roads before I put the new one on.(man I hate winter)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts