Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on a bone stock 2001 zx3, what would be the best first mod---exhaust or an intake? or something else, perhaps? thanks!

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
Most people go with an intake first cause it yields more gains then just a catback would. It all depends on how much you have to spend as well. What have you been looking at for an intake and a catback (brands) so far?

·
Boost?
2,378 Posts
get what you feel comfortable with, my first mod was a udp but i havent installed it yet because i think ill break something, an intake is really easy to install as is a cat-back....id say intake because its seriously like 2 bolts, no cutting involved

·
Retired Fanatic
20,000 Posts
98gsxltd said:
get what you feel comfortable with, my first mod was a udp but i havent installed it yet because i think ill break something, an intake is really easy to install as is a cat-back....id say intake because its seriously like 2 bolts, no cutting involved
Actually to remove the stock exhaust you DO have to cut the pipe..... it's a complete system front to back (catback) for the stock one whereas the aftermarket catbacks come in three pieces. You have to cut the stock exhaust to remove it.

·
Registered
280 Posts
i would start with the intake first. as well. one of the easiest if not the easiest to put on. IMO

·
Registered
444 Posts
i know as a genral rule of thumb if you have the money to do both do them both...Im pretty new to the focus but i know as a genral rule of thumb if your car can breathen in easier then your going to need to breath out easier. if you do them both you should see a good power boost.... how ever i know not every one can afford to do that...like my self lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts