Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally got home from France on Friday, and spent the day Saturday just unwinding and running a few errands. Sunday seemed like a good day to get out and go for a drive. I woke up at 3 AM thanks to a worse-than-usual case of jetlag, and by 7 AM I was headed north up the Sea-to-Sky Highway. I drove all the way up to Pemberton, then turned around and stopped for brunch at a cafe in Whistler before returning home. Just a spectacular drive. 300 km in all, and the trip computer reports an average 6.7 litres per 100 km (roughly 35 miles per US gallon).

So far everything looks good. No signs of the steering or transmission woes, and MyFord Touch has been mostly well-behaved (though it strangely insists that every song on my iPod is by some band I never heard of called "Building media commands"). The GPS had a bit of trouble keeping track of the Sea-to-Sky; on several occasions it had me up on the mountaintops or out in the middle of the sound.

I saw a few 2012s along the way, including one very nice frosted glass hatch headed south out of Whistler. First one I've seen in that colour and I really liked it.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
PICS??? Sounds like a delightful drive!
It certainly was. No photos though; I made a deliberate decision not to take a camera. I wanted to focus (heh) on the car, and I'll be taking tons of pictures on my mega-roadtrip to the Rockies next week.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Sounds really enjoyable and relaxing (especially after an international business trip, I used to have to do those quite often but fortunately not so much anymore, domestics still but very little international).

After three weeks of ownership I still haven't had a chance to put it through the paces yet. Just standard city/expressway driving but next weekend I am heading up to the Adirondacks and that will be my first real chance to test it in some more challenging conditions.

Were you able to use your voice commands for the iPod while betting the BMC message?

·
Registered
68 Posts
congrats on the new ride. enjoy it. Picking mine up tomorrow

·
Registered
257 Posts
Decent fuel econ. The Sea to Sky isn't exactly flat.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Sounds like future MFT problems to me... Couldn't finish building commands in 300km.

Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.