Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm officially one you! The 2014 focus titanium hatchback that I ordered mid June showed up at the dealer Wednesday and I picked it up yesterday. I only have 136 miles on it but so far very happy. Seems to shift just fine, which was a concern I had about the DCT. I drive 32 miles one way to work each day and in the first two trips am averaging 35 mpg. Most of that is 70 mph interstate. I did reset the trip computer on a back highway and drove 10 miles with the cruise set at 55 and computer said I was getting 42.5 mpg. Only thing I was surprised to find, which is my own fault for not noticing before I ordered it, is that it doesn't come with homelink for opening the garage door. Thought that was pretty standard on all vehicles these days.

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
I'm officially one you! The 2014 focus titanium hatchback that I ordered mid June showed up at the dealer Wednesday and I picked it up yesterday. I only have 136 miles on it but so far very happy. Seems to shift just fine, which was a concern I had about the DCT. I drive 32 miles one way to work each day and in the first two trips am averaging 35 mpg. Most of that is 70 mph interstate. I did reset the trip computer on a back highway and drove 10 miles with the cruise set at 55 and computer said I was getting 42.5 mpg. Only thing I was surprised to find, which is my own fault for not noticing before I ordered it, is that it doesn't come with homelink for opening the garage door. Thought that was pretty standard on all vehicles these days.
I don't think you could order the 2013 and 2014 with Homelink. The 2012 Titanium had the Homelink available by default I think also (I am 98% sure). Just go at the scrapyard and buy it cheap - remember to buy both since color will probably be different. Easy to swap.

·
Registered
319 Posts
I don't think you could order the 2013 and 2014 with Homelink. The 2012 Titanium had the Homelink available by default I think also (I am 98% sure). Just go at the scrapyard and buy it cheap - remember to buy both since color will probably be different. Easy to swap.
On other Ford forums, I've actually seen people peel back the fabric on the visors, buy a Homelink transmitter off ebay, cut out a hole in the visor to accommodate said transmitter, wire it up to the power for the vanity mirrors and bingo bango, they have a stock looking Homelink visor.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I've been real happy with my '14 Focus se Hatchback, just put over 400 miles on it and other than a squeaky drivers seat its been rock solid. I too was worried about the DCT trans but no, no problems at all.... Very smooth, quite.. I like this car...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts