Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I found the specs. 15.720" compressed and 24.680" extended with 8.960" of travel. If I lower 2.0 to 2.5 inches all around do you guys think a shock that is 13.625 compressed, 22.250 extended with 8.625 travel will work?

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
stock shocks are not meant for lowering they will blow. you need a shorter bodied shock in order to lower

·
Hmmmmm
3,706 Posts
o read that wrong. it should work with stiffened up dampening also. being lower you want to be stiffer so you dont scrape/rub

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'll be running a custome set up in the rear that is adjustable, and can definitely handle my 450lbs springs. Can't machine the fronts due to the shock body style so I'll be running koni sports in te fronts. Thanks for the help! I'll be posting install pics when I actually have time for the install.[thankyou]

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Need some help from the suspension gurus. What shock length would be most beneficial with a 2 to 2.5 inch drop. 12.5 compressed/20.5 extended/8.0 travel

14.25 compressed/23.75 extended/ 9.5 travel

13.625 compressed/ 22.250 extended/ 8.625 travel?

Stock specs are in the first post, and fronts will be off the shelf Koni sports.

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
The damping curve is just as important (if not more important) as the length. The length of a rear Koni Sport for a Focus would be a good comparable. They are know to handle 2" drop springs with spring rates as high as 300 to 400 lbs/in or so from most major spring manufacturers.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
They will be custom rear shocks, I can pretty much get them valves anyway I'd like. So dampening will be totally adjustable. Just trying to sort out the length.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts