Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 SVT which had a blowout that took out the wires to what I presume to be the wiper control module, a black as well as a black / orange wire. Are these just positive and negative? I need to get my wipers running before the next storm.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
My assumption is that your presumption is incorrect.

We need a picture to ID the module and the wiring that is damaged. Or much more detail via words.

One wire might be negative (blk) but the other one is likely not positive. TBD.

Which tire blew-out?

Gd Luck

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It’s the bottom module with 2 wires black and black/ orange stripe coming out, plastic outer coating, the wires looked to go up to the fuse box but I’m not sure. The tire in the drivers side is the one that blew out, I assume that it’s for the wipers because they worked before the blowout, because I had literally just got the car from a friend who used the already trashed wiper blades to scrape the frost off of the windshield, and since all wiper stalk functions have ceased to operate since that blowout I think it has to be power / ground or something related to the wipers. I don’t want to test any theorys until I know for sure though since I don’t want to blow anything out.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
It’s the bottom module with 2 wires black and black/ orange stripe coming out, plastic outer coating, the wires looked to go up to the fuse box but I’m not sure....
Sorry, but I can not guess what that might be. Maybe someone else can?

Maybe post a picture? Because you are new to FF the system will bark at you if the pic is a link, so break the link, and we can reconstruct it. OR post the pic as a attachment-thumbnail.

...I think it has to be power / ground or something related to the wipers...
Highly doubt it is related directly to just wipers (TBD) but since it is in the area of the battery and fuse box ANYTHING is possible.

If you have 4 broken-ends of wire, just reconnect them to make two wires now re-connected. No? OR are you missing the other two broken ends of wires? So you are kinda lost? Right?

A picture is a thousand words... If the picture is in perspective to the surrounding area.

·
Registered
1,272 Posts
I was wrong about the wiring colors, it’s yellow / back & orange. I also didn’t have the time to pull off the wheel to get a better photo because I had to get to work

There is no 'wiper control module'. The function of the wipers and washers are controlled by the wiper switch on the column and the GEM module under the dash (passenger side).

In your pic I see two wires (both look damaged but hard to tell) - WHT/BLK (white with a black stripe) and YEL/BLK. Both are part of the wiper/washer circuit (WHT/BLK to wiper motor, YEL/BLK to washer pump motor). Both go thru connector C70 which is the black plastic object visible in the lower left hand side of your pic. C70 is a 40 pin connector. One side of C70 is a 'bulkhead' connector mounted on the firewall above/behind the CJB and has the wires coming from the wiper switch. The other side of C70 is a large 'pigtail' connector feeding wiring into the engine compartment and the forward part of the car - including to the wiper and washer motors.

Paul

1 - 6 of 6 Posts