Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Edit: First Gen to Third Gen Third Brake can it work?

Has anybody tried this? i was driving behind a 3Gen ses today and was wondering if the specs will work on the 1st gen plug in play or modify?, i like the style of the 3Gen cause its clear and looks like red led's

ps Happy 4th of July Everbody ! [:)]

Sincerely,

Ehbnerohraa and his SPI Slowcus [gunfire]

·
Registered
485 Posts
i have woundered the same thing, i almost bought the light to see if it would work but the guy at the dismantler wanted me to buy the whole tunk lid, i said no way ur crazy i have no use for the lid

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i have woundered the same thing, i almost bought the light to see if it would work but the guy at the dismantler wanted me to buy the whole tunk lid, i said no way ur crazy i have no use for the lid
What the hell, haha that's funny they look pretty much the same don't know if it's plug in play let see if someone chimes in

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
i would be surprised if they weren't. the foci are the same body styles w/ different accents. if not, you could easily splice the wiring.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm such a Idiot, ha I meant to say 1stgen to 3rd gen brake light would it work? Sorry I'm pretty by most possitive the 1st and 2nd Gen would work but what about the 3rd generation brake light would it fit the 1st gen???
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
485 Posts
i figured u were talken about 3rd gen light on 1st gen just because u said it was clear and the 1st and 2nd gen are red

·
Registered
16,194 Posts
2 generation is the 2008-2011 Focus. 3 Generation is 2012+

the Generation 2 (2008-2011) third brake lamp will not fit. i tried back in 2008 on my 2003 sedan

·
Stuff about Florida
2,595 Posts
1st gen (00-04) and 1.5 gen? basically the facelift (05-07) use the exact same 3rd brake light.

Im am unsure if the 2nd gen one would work, but I don't see why not. Looks to be the same shape/size.

Some one should try it, it would be a nice upgrade.

·
Registered
495 Posts
1st gen (00-04) and 1.5 gen? basically the facelift (05-07) use the exact same 3rd brake light.

Im am unsure if the 2nd gen one would work, but I don't see why not. Looks to be the same shape/size.

Some one should try it, it would be a nice upgrade
Look at the post above yours [:)]

·
Registered
485 Posts
someone should make a home made clear lens for the 1st gen focus and put a "how to" on it cus i have been wanting to have a clear third brake light on my focus, and has ne1 else had the chrome in their third brake light melt to the bulbs?????

·
Registered
366 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
2 generation is the 2008-2011 Focus. 3 Generation is 2012+

the Generation 2 (2008-2011) third brake lamp will not fit. i tried back in 2008 on my 2003 sedan

Thanks for clearing things up Misfire, do you remember why it didint fit?
Posted via FF Mobile

1 - 15 of 15 Posts